Hayneedle.com still have Televue EP's at Neaf 20% sale price

• Calibos
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
13 years 6 days ago #89226 by Calibos
Just thought I would give a heads up.

I missed out on the Televue 20% off sale in honour of the 20th birthday of NEAF but was thrilled to read a thread on Cloudynights that Hayneedle.com still had Televue EP's at the sale price days after all other vendors closed the sale. The site wouldn't accept an Irish delivery address so I put down my aunts address in Seattle and the site then accepted my order with my Irish Visa Card. So I ordered as many EP's as my Card could take :laugh: So with the Televue 20% discount, an 11% discount coupon someone posted on the CN thread and the $1.45 to €1 exchange rate and with the hope that my luck with Customs holds out, I should have a 21mm, 13mm & 6mm Ethos for the sum of €900 instead of the European price for those three of €1800. Even if I get hit with customs and Vat for another €200 or so, thats still a massive saving on the prices over here. Gutted that I can only afford three at the moment. I always intended to get the full set as my lifetime EP set. However the rest of the set will have to wait till next year but I'll probably have to pay full price for them then.

Just checked and the Sale prices are still in force at Hayneedle. So if ye have a yearning for a bit of black and green, the spare funds and a relly or friend in the US, then theres a mighty bargain to be had!! :laugh:

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #89231 by lunartic_old
Lucky bugger.

Those Ethos eyepieces will be awesome in the 16".

Paul

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.

Rich Cook

More
13 years 6 days ago #89236 by johnomahony
I'm green with envy. That's an awesome set of eyepieces.
I recently completed by eyepiece replacement with my old 27mm Panoptic and now 16mm and 9mm Naglers in the TV sale. Now to sell the Hyperions.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

• Calibos
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
13 years 6 days ago #89237 by Calibos
UhOh! Looks like there is going to be a glut of Hyperions in the For Sale section then. :laugh: I need to flog all mine and pay that straight off Visa or else have half the savings I made disappear as interest on my visa balance :p Really need to sand and varnish my Brian Reed Equatorial platform and get that on the for sale forum too. Both of those sales would cover the Ethos purchases or near enough.

I figured if I could afford 3 now that I should get a spread so that I could sell all my hyperions in one go, have at least 1 High,Mid and Low power EP and fill in the gaps next year when I finish paying for the car. The most natural choice would have been the 21mm, 13mm and 8mm but I just couldn't resist getting the 6 instead for some 345x Saturn viewing this year.....if I ever finish the bloody scope! :blush:

I mean its not a 100% done deal yet. Myself and a few other lads over on CN all ordered on Friday and we all have this worry in the back of our heads that we'll get an email saying there was a mistake on the website. I'll feel safer if I haven't received such an email after Easter. That said, The sale did end everywhere else last Sunday evening so it would be some major ball dropping for the mistake to go unnoticed all last week.

Estimated delivery time to Seattle Free Ground is 15th of May. Hopefully I'll get a PM on Facebook from the Aunt telling me they arrived and then we can hatch our plan as to what goes on the Custom forms to ease their passage through Irish Customs. ;)

Maybe wanting to use these EP's will give me the kick up the arse I need to get the scope finished. I do a bit, I don't get anything done for another fortnight, I do a bit, I don't get anything else done for a fortnight. The 18 months total break for the house didn't help but even now when I think I should have the time I either don't or things take a lot longer than I thought. Arty Farty bought his at the same time as me and he is selling his after 2.5 years. I've barely given mine first light!! :bigshock: That said, she's going to be pretty special once I get her finished. I think another problem I have is that I think of a new modding idea or see a mod someone else has done and decied I want to do it. So just as I've nearly finished my to-do list, I add more stuff onto the list!! DOH!!

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #89239 by johnomahony

Calibos wrote: UhOh! Looks like there is going to be a glut of Hyperions in the For Sale section then. :laugh: !!

Don't worry about the competition. I'll be selling mine in the Ozzy market place where I am gauranteed a better price :P
Astronomy is about compulsive buying. We spend big sums of money on items, use them twice a year and then blame the weather. I think we're all a bit nuts ;)

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by johnomahony.

More
13 years 6 days ago - 13 years 6 days ago #89241 by dave_lillis
Hey Keith, welldone on exploiting this opportunity to get a set of ethos eps.
Just checked the 21mm, its 190$ cheaper then at optcorp, nice !!
tbh, the ethos eyepieces are extortionately over expensive imho.
I had considered doing somthing similar, but dont think I would get the price I'd want for my
26mm T5,
20mm T2,
9&7mm T6's and
14mm s4000uwa.
If I was getting some, I'd get the 21mm, 17, 13, 10 and 8.

Did you see the SX version? a 3.7mm, ? ok way high a power for me giving 676x, but did you see the FOV? a massive 110 degrees!
you can see where televue are going with this!

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
Last edit: 13 years 6 days ago by dave_lillis.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds