• GLIESE 581G
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #89654 by GLIESE 581G
Replied by GLIESE 581G on topic Re: I cant get my Scope Aligned
this is mine i just cant align it
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #89655 by mykc
Replied by mykc on topic Re: I cant get my Scope Aligned
I know that mount well and should be able to help. PM sent. Mike

Skywatcher 120 mm ED on a CG5 mount.
Orion UK 300mm Dobsonian

More
12 years 10 months ago #89656 by johnomahony
Replied by johnomahony on topic Re: I cant get my Scope Aligned
It looks like a CG5 mount. The mount will be just at the limit of its load bearing abilities for visual use. I presume you are using the all star alignment on the handcontroller.
Was this scope purchased new or did you pick it up secondhand?
1. Make sure the scope is perfectly balanced in both axis before you power it up
2 Point the polar axis north or at the pole star. Make sure your elevation is set at about 51 degrees on the mount
3 Check the time and date on the handcontroller and adjust for daylight savings-this can throw the mount out by 15 degrees
4 Select a 2 star alignment and select an easy to see bright star (vega, deneb etc...). The scope should slew to it. It will probably be off by a mile. This is normal
5 Adjust the scope with the handcontroller until it is the field of view. Hit enter. Now centre it in the field of view and hit align.
6 Select a second star, preferably far away from the first star and repeat. You can use up to four stars for better accuracy. The mount should get better with each star alignmnet.
7 When happy hit undo and the mount will calculate the alignmnet and you are done. Do not moved the mount or adjust the axis tension knobs
8 It should now be ready to run
For visual use the mount doesn't need to be polar aligned but it should be facing north. If you are still ahving problem I'm sure one of the Dublin locals can help you out.

The Lord giveth, the Revenue taketh away. (John 1:16)

www.flickr.com/photos/7703127@N07/

More
12 years 10 months ago #89657 by Derek Davey
Replied by Derek Davey on topic Re: I cant get my Scope Aligned
dont be put off,
i remember when i got my scope, same mount, cg5, i read that manual inside out trying to make sense of it, and i didnt really understand it, but with a bit of practice it all came together, and now i could set up and align with no problems in a few short minutes,
you will get the hang of it,

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds