hubble replacement set back a further 2 years

• stepryan
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18838 by stepryan
ladies and gents,
it looks like NASA is delaying hubble's replacement for 2 years due to cost overruns.
stephen.

www.space.com/spacenews/businessmonday_051121.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18842 by voyager
Oh dear .... looks like optical Astronomy is going to be back in the dark ages for a few years so. I sure hope Hubble holds it together for a few more years yet!

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 5 months ago #18858 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: hubble replacement set back a further 2 years
Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more likely that JWST will be cancelled. I was out at a Spitzer conference in Pasadena last week - the common consensus amongst the professional community is that the JWST program is living on borrowed time.

Brian

More
18 years 5 months ago #18862 by voyager

Unfortunately, it's becoming more and more likely that JWST will be cancelled. I was out at a Spitzer conference in Pasadena last week - the common consensus amongst the professional community is that the JWST program is living on borrowed time.

Brian

Oh dear, not good at all. Let me guess, this is price we pay for Senior Bush's wild goosechase to Mars?

BB

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

• stepryan
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 5 months ago #18864 by stepryan

Brian

Oh dear, not good at all. Let me guess, this is price we pay for Senior Bush's wild goosechase to Mars?

BB

bart,
but think of all the good it will be doing, somebody has got to rescue all those americans from the hostile aliens ;), the should not show war of the worlds in the white house again :(.
stephen.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18887 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: hubble replacement set back a further 2 years
It couldn't be scrapped now, could it? After all the cost that has gone into the James Webb Space Telescope project, it would seem to foolish to stop now... so much has been spent, they may as well just keep going.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds