K-Tec

hubble replacement set back a further 2 years

More
18 years 5 months ago #18904 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: hubble replacement set back a further 2 years
Seanie, it's by no means unheard of for a program like JWST, where significant money has been spent, to be cancelled - look at the X33 for example. JWST has been hit by very significant technical issues that have driven up the cost dramatically - spiralling budget deficits means there is no extra money for NASA, be it for the shuttle program. the Moon/Mars program or JWST. Given this, it's not surprising that JWST faces the axe.

I fully expect funding for JWST to be cut completely by FY 2007 - and so do a lot of people here. It's upsetting, but given the difficulties faced by NASA currently, and the JWST program in particular, it's not too surprising.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 5 months ago #18911 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: hubble replacement set back a further 2 years
I wonder what drives Bush's 2 brain cells together that he says here will be an American on mars by, what, 2025? And he lets his congress give NASA less and less money. I know he's driven my military gain, but still... If they ever need another monkey to do tests on in pace...

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds