K-Tec

domain name and web hosting

More
18 years 1 month ago #25511 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: domain name and web hosting
I've heard they are quite expensive, but they do give a very good service.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 1 month ago #25513 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: domain name and web hosting

I've heard they are quite expensive, but they do give a very good service.

They're not really excessivly expensive .... I have a dedicated server with them for about 60 Euro a month ... not bad for an entire server all to myself!

Also, I use them for all my business (and that is a LOT, at last count it was over 40 domains!) and I also put my money where my mouth was and got a re-seller account with them so I can sell cusomised packages on their serveres to my customers.

I used to get my hosting from other, cheaper, providers and basically found that their quailty of service was not up to scratch and when things went wrong you were in trouble. I lost a few customers because of the shoddy service my old provider was giving me, been with Hosting365 for alomost 3 years now and no complaints at all. There have of course been occasional minor issues but they have always been resolved promptly and when you get in touch with support you get straight answers like "the plroblem is X and this is what measures we are putting in place to get you back up as soon as possible and we will also be doing Y to prevent this happening again". Basically they inspire confidence, which is worth and extra few euro a year in my book!

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
18 years 1 month ago #25523 by TrevorDurity
Replied by TrevorDurity on topic Re: domain name and web hosting
Lunarpages are excellent at $8 a month and have everything you could ask for; excellent control, cron jobs, forums, ecommerce, etc.

You can only host one site on that plan but can upgrade later if you wanted.

Never had any downtime and they had great reviews.

www.lunarpages.com

Trev

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds