K-Tec

2G Flat Panels Screens!

More
17 years 11 months ago #27811 by Eirikg
Replied by Eirikg on topic Re: 2G Flat Panels Screens!
only negative i got to say about lcd's is that the brightness/contrast and color change if you dont sit right in front of it. Some screens are worce some better. Also for movies/games you would need a "fast" screen, but most screens sold now are fast enough.

Paul: new graphics card with digital port is verry cheap, i payed 50E for a mine. 256ram 400mhz gpu. And isnt most lcd now with both digital port?

I use 2xCRT screens. Old once. But i run them on 75hz and thats good enough not to give me headacke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #27818 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: 2G Flat Panels Screens!

Voyager, As a matter of interest what manufacturer / models are you using ? I've tried a few and it's always worth getting someone else's 2c.
I like Dell's as a rule, but am open to suggestion.

At work I have a 20" Apple Cinema display and it is simply stunning. You can view it from any angle and it looks perfect, it's exceptionally clear and crisp and no matter how close you look at it you just can't see individual pixels .... best display I've ever used!

At home I have a 19" Samsung .... not sure the exact model and it's not written on it but it's a year and a bit old and cost just under 400 last year ... so not bottom of the price range but far from the top. I'm very happy with it but it's brightness and contrast are just not up to that of the Apple Cinema.

A big thing I have noticed with LCD is that you HAVE to run them at their native resolution of they will look TERRIBLE. I see it at work a lot where people have a great LCD display but it looks terrible becasue they's set the resolution to 600x800 or some such when the native resolution is 1024x1280.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
17 years 11 months ago #27851 by JohnMurphy
Replied by JohnMurphy on topic Re: 2G Flat Panels Screens!

A big thing I have noticed with LCD is that you HAVE to run them at their native resolution of they will look TERRIBLE. I see it at work a lot where people have a great LCD display but it looks terrible becasue they's set the resolution to 600x800 or some such when the native resolution is 1024x1280.

Yeah I noticed that too. Best to leave it to factory defaults also, unless there is something glaringly wrong.

Clear Skies,
John Murphy
Irish Astronomical Society
Check out My Photos

• Paul FitzGerald
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
17 years 11 months ago #27968 by Paul FitzGerald
Replied by Paul FitzGerald on topic Re: 2G Flat Panels Screens!

Paul: new graphics card with digital port is verry cheap, i payed 50E for a mine. 256ram 400mhz gpu. And isnt most lcd now with both digital port?

Wouldn't know 'bout that. :oops: But so best if they do.
I see the new IBM LCD I have in work only has the standard monitor input socket (multi pin)... :?:

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds