K-Tec

Malware Revolution: A Change in Target

More
17 years 1 month ago #44407 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Malware Revolution: A Change in Target
Never any probles with Firefox for me. Active-X should not be a problem. And don't turn it off! Windows Update needs Active-X to make sure your computer is scanned properly for updates.

Mike, it could be other 3rd party software you installed on the computer in that time since the problems with Firefox began. It happens, it's not rocket science. Just finding which programme is causing the conflict is the fun part. Try running updates on your most widely used software AND hardware, and back-track to when you think the installation of a particular piece of soft/hardware coincided with Firefox acting up.

Is that on your PC(s) or laptop by the way?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #44408 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Malware Revolution: A Change in Target

Never any probles with Firefox for me. Active-X should not be a problem. And don't turn it off! Windows Update needs Active-X to make sure your computer is scanned properly for updates.

Mike, it could be other 3rd party software you installed on the computer in that time since the problems with Firefox began. It happens, it's not rocket science. Just finding which programme is causing the conflict is the fun part. Try running updates on your most widely used software AND hardware, and back-track to when you think the installation of a particular piece of soft/hardware coincided with Firefox acting up.

Is that on your PC(s) or laptop by the way?

Active X should certainly be off for the un-trusted zone. Dangerous dangerous thing. Turns a whole ream of pretty harmless local exploits into remote exploits that can take total control of your machine just by you visiting a website.

As for possible conflicts, try un-installing your plugins and seeing if that helps. If that solves the problem re-install them one-by-one till you find the culprit.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds