Remote Observatory - Guinea Pigs Wanted

More
16 years 11 months ago #46171 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Remote Observatory - Guinea Pigs Wanted
Looks good on Solaris+Firefox.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #46172 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Remote Observatory - Guinea Pigs Wanted
Dave,
How do you adjust focus within ACP?

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 11 months ago #46180 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Remote Observatory - Guinea Pigs Wanted

Dave,
How do you adjust focus within ACP?

You don't need to - you set up autofocus in Maxim and ACP takes care of the rest transparently. It allows extra time for autofocusing. You can set it up to occur every image or every x number of minutes. It will also adjust focus for different filters if you give the offsets.

I've still I while to go before I fully understand this powerful package but from what I can tell, all you do is tell it the target, you're preferred exposure time and if you want filters to be used. Mount movements, focusing, parking, unparking, dome control, weather control all happens under the hood.

There are even pre-written scripts for calibration frames. The scripting language is fully documented so you can even write your own scripts. That said, pre-written scripts cover pretty much all of it.

All in all, I'm very pleased with it and hope to really lash into it this coming autumn. I hope to really tighten up the observatory over the coming months (polar alignment, balancing, PE etc etc). I can then spend the next season just taking images automatically.

So far, it seems worth the investment - I just need to get familiar with it to really get it to pay for itself.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 11 months ago #46181 by dmcdona
Folks - thanks for all the feedback. Good to know that everyone can connect (except when I disabled the account).

I'll disable it from now on - whoever is logged on at the mo - sorry.

If anyone is thinking of purchasing this software and would like to logon live, let me know.

Cheers
Dave

More
16 years 11 months ago #46336 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Remote Observatory - Guinea Pigs Wanted

I can't connect either. I get the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message.

Ditto, today.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 11 months ago #46341 by dmcdona
Seanie - if you want a look, let me know and I'll connect it up. Obviously, with 100% cloud cover, the server isn;t running at the moment...

I've some work to do to tweak the software and my setup over the coming months so I'll keep you all posted as to when the site is live. You won't be able to do much other than view the numbers changing. I will however try and get the site to show the latest image by clicking on the image square - its problematic becasue the images are in FITS format...

Dave

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds