K-Tec

Photoshop help

More
16 years 3 months ago #60277 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Photoshop help
For ALL it CAN do......................PS cant do animated GIF's.

That function really should be added on to the program.

PS is the choice of professional graphic designers (i'm still learning its functions after 3 yrs..............but i'm not a qualified GD).

PS for me is all about "trial and error". I dabble with it for fun to get to know it.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #60333 by Euronymous
Replied by Euronymous on topic Re: Photoshop help
Some versions of Photoshop CS have animated GIF capabilities, such as CS3. You just make frames from layers and plug them in sequence.

Celestron C8-N (200mm reflector)
Carl Zeiss 10x50's
-Amateur Astronomer, photographer, guitarist, and beer drinker-

More
16 years 2 months ago #63344 by cjbigboy
Replied by cjbigboy on topic Re: Photoshop help
Imageready which is part of Photoshop is for creating animated gifs, and other web graphics. (I use it every day as thats what I do for a living)

I'm not sure if it was bundled with all versions of Photoshop, but certainly from 5 to CS2 its there. Since Adobe & Macromedia's merge CS3 came out but doesnt have Imageready as such, but has some of the built in functions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adobe_ImageReady

If you open the images in photoshop, then create layers with the various images that you wish to animate on top of the first image, then click edit in Imageready by clicking the icon at the bottom of the tool palette with two orange feathers.

This starts up Imageready if not already running. Open the animation window, create the required number of animation frames, then in the layer palette show each layer in a separate animation frame by switching on or off the eye symbol. Give each frame an animation time and away you go.... you can then save as an animated gif or export to Flash (although the flash isn't very good IMHO)

Hope this helps

cheers

CJ

Skywatcher Explorer 130pm, 650mm f/5

More
16 years 2 months ago #63351 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: Photoshop help
Imageready which is part of Photoshop is for creating animated gifs, and other web graphics.

I didnt know Imageready was part of Photoshop. When i bought my PC i got Imageready as part of the package. I didnt get PS (i had to get that my own way).

I really dont spend much time with digital imaging, but now i am taking an interest in astro photography.....................i am sre i'll be spending more and more time using digital imaging programs.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

More
16 years 2 months ago #63354 by cjbigboy
Replied by cjbigboy on topic Re: Photoshop help
Hi Paul

Every version of Photoshop I've had has Imageready included in the package. I guess they were shipping it as a graphics program in its own right on pc's. Although it's not as powerful as PS, it has things such as Animations that PS can't do.

I use it chiefly in web design for page template creation before importing into Dreamweaver.

cheers

CJ

Skywatcher Explorer 130pm, 650mm f/5

More
16 years 2 months ago #63428 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Photoshop help
I've moderated this thread to delete all references to the theft certain members seem happy to partake in. If you must steal don't come on these boards bragging about it.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds