K-Tec

Rho Ophuichi

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #108921 by Kinch
Rho Ophuichi was created by Kinch
Now that I have the details up on my web site - I can also put an image up here for anyone interested.
This is just a small section of the colourful Rho Ophiuchi region of dust clouds. I was lucky to get this section, even if not the most colourful area. Even from my place in Spain - this is very low in the sky - just lucky enough that the moon is out of the way and that to the south lies the sea......much less light pollution. For this I was imaging at abot 28.5° altutude.

Link to web site - for those wanting a closer look: 
www.kinchastro.com/rho-ophiuchi.html

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Kinch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, lunartic_old, flt158, scfahy, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 11 months ago #108930 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Rho Ophuichi
Gorgeous image Brendan. Those dust clouds add a real textured feel to it.

Would that be Antares at the bottom right?

Clear skies,

Darren.

More
3 years 11 months ago #108938 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic Rho Ophuichi
Good morning Darren - thanks for the feedback. Not sure if you visited the web site - in the early hours, I have replaced the image there. This image (here) is colourful and catches the eye on a handheld ......but in truth it was over processed. I have replaced the one on the web site with one, slightly less colourful but better processing.....I can tell by looking at the stars in each image.

Antares would be lower to the left - out of this image.....a bit too low for me I think. Around Antares....there would be georgous Orange/Yellow cloud (reflections).....you can just a hint of the yellow creaping in, bottom left of my image.

CS

Brendan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
3 years 11 months ago #108941 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Rho Ophuichi
Hi Brendan,

I've just checked your website of the revised image, and all I can say is 'Wow!' 

Also, thank you for pointing me in the right direction for Antares - rookie mistake : )

Clear skies,

Darren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kinch, flt158

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds