K-Tec

Collection of recent images

More
3 years 8 months ago #109314 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic Collection of recent images
Hi Richard - glad to see you posting here - as always, your work is a joy to have a close look at. I particularly like the Veil Nebula, it came out great. Sometimes the multitude of small stars in the region can spoil the final image - but you have controlled them beautifully.   
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• richardsweeney
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 years 8 months ago #109335 by richardsweeney
Replied by richardsweeney on topic Collection of recent images

flt158 wrote: Those colours are so strong and vivid, Richard. 
Especially for the Veil Nebula. 

Clear skies from Aubrey. 

Thanks Aubrey. Hope you got to enjoy the clear sky this weekend.

• richardsweeney
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
3 years 8 months ago #109336 by richardsweeney
Replied by richardsweeney on topic Collection of recent images

Kinch wrote: Hi Richard - glad to see you posting here - as always, your work is a joy to have a close look at. I particularly like the Veil Nebula, it came out great. Sometimes the multitude of small stars in the region can spoil the final image - but you have controlled them beautifully.   

Thanks Brendan, I got very lazy indeed. You're right the stars need taming on the Veil. Starnet does a great job removing them, then it's just a matter of using a less stretched version to replace them. I did notice a slight misalignment of the stars in some parts which need attention probably down to when i recombined the channels after stacking.

More
3 years 8 months ago #109337 by Kinch
Replied by Kinch on topic Collection of recent images
Starnet does a great job removing them, then it's just a matter of using a less stretched version to replace them.

I do the "same" in a slightly different way. I use StarNet too....but not to remove the stars, but rather just to make a very nice StarMask. Obviously then I can work on the nebula and the stars separately.....but I never lose sight of the stars :-)

I got lazy for quite a while too.....but some guys looking in here do not look in on FaceBook or whatever. I cannot contribute or comment on their observing reports but I think they still like to have a look from time to time what the photographers are doing. So I hope you will return to the fold.....your images are always tops and I am sure some budding photographers would appreciate more images from different people going up here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, richardsweeney

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds