Saturn during daylight hours. :(

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #111900 by Neil40
Saturn during daylight hours. :( was created by Neil40
Hi everyone. Hope all is good.  I took this image of Saturn yesterday morning at 5am approx when the sun was shining. I imaged the planet untracked as my scope is acting nuts. It thinks its in another hemisphere or something. 
I got up at 0240 on 2 other nights and the scope would just not align. Anyway I finally decided to just try catch it when I could still see it in the finder scope.  I then realised that my Zwo 385 keeps the back round dark. The whole point of the darn exercise was to show a hue of Saturn with the bright blue sky in the back round. I need a dslr I suppose. :(
Details(as I recall)
cpc 1100 untracked
Zwo 385mc
15 to 20 second video. 
Probably 40% of a possible 2500 frames approx
I zoomed in on the image also so the false colours are a bit apparent. 
No colour/sharpening processing done
Frustration level topping 90%.
The 10% of non frustration is only because my neighbours sensor light cant piss me     off in the daytime. 

Cheers

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: michael_murphy, flt158, Fermidox, Until_then-Goodnight!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #111903 by Fermidox
Replied by Fermidox on topic Saturn during daylight hours. :(
Still a fine image Neil. The Cassini division is there, which can often be difficult in my 8-inch. The low altitude of Saturn hasn't helped over the last few years.

Clear skies,
Finbarr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
10 months 2 weeks ago #111904 by Neil40
Replied by Neil40 on topic Saturn during daylight hours. :(
Thanks Finbarr. The strange thing is I got a better image during daylight hours then I have gotten during the Winter when Saturn was nice and high. 
And talk about my sleep being out of whack! I think it was worth it though. I'm looking to get a dslr to image the planets. I dont have a lot of money but I might try and get a second hand apo with a sturdy mount and try some deep sky objects. Unfortunately the fork mount doesn't lend itself to long exposures. It is a lot of fun to do it but maybe I can tag along when you guys go to a dark sky area. I'm the only astronomer I know and it gets lonely sometimes.
Ps I stopped using my barlow lenses. I get more detail without the 2x and 3x. I thinki ill sell them. Thank you for your kind words.

Clear sky's

Neil. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Fermidox

• Until_then-Goodnight!
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
10 months 4 days ago #111908 by Until_then-Goodnight!
Replied by Until_then-Goodnight! on topic Saturn during daylight hours. :(
Hi Neil,

That's a brilliant picture of Saturn...Shadow on rhe rings too...bravo! And speaking of the rings...some tilt this year, hey?

Very well done and clear skies,

Darren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Neil40

• Neil40
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
9 months 3 weeks ago #111919 by Neil40
Replied by Neil40 on topic Saturn during daylight hours. :(
Oh only seeing this now. There is a lovely tilt on the rings this year indeed. And if the weather would just be nice to me for 1 hour over the next 3 nights I am hoping to very much improve on the image. One will just have to wait and see. But thank you for the comment Darren. 

Cheers

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: flt158, Until_then-Goodnight!

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds