K-Tec

Canon 20D does Sun and Moon

More
19 years 1 month ago #10615 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Daniel, now you've wetted my appetite for the 20D! Where did you get it for €1331?

Weell done on the Irish times :D
Keep it rollin' !

Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• eclipsedan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 1 month ago #10616 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re: Canon 20D does Sun and Moon
I used technikdirekt.de. They let you use a creditcard (there were one or two places that went bust and people lost lots of money so security to me was important).

I was able to price match with them from www.lagu.de who had the 20D for €1331 body only. This was back in November. I imagine you could get an even better deal now.

Of course the 300D will be plumeting in price now that the 350XT is out. I'm sure the 350XT isn't far off the 20D at all. It's just a matter of deciding if the perks are worth the extra money. For me, I think they were.

What are you using now?

Good luck with the choice.

Daniel

More
19 years 1 month ago #10617 by Keith g
I'm using a 300D at the moment, but finding lenses of good quality is the main thing at the moment. Thanks for the links. :D

Keith..

• eclipsedan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 1 month ago #10621 by eclipsedan
Replied by eclipsedan on topic Re: Canon 20D does Sun and Moon
Oh right, well I don't think you should be looking to upgrade from the 300D. The expense:improvment ratio just doesn't cut it.

More important, as you sem to know, is to get good glass. That's usually the constant. Cameras change but the glass stays the same. It also keeps its sale value.

I've only got a 17-40L and 50 f1.8 (cheap but brilliant). I need to get a 70-200 for some reach. I can't decide between the f4L and the 2.8 L IS. I'd really like the IS for indoor concerts and various events. I just can't afford it though. Well I could take out a loan but I also want to pay for Libya too. Ah, we'll see what happens. It depends on the summer job.

I think it's best to buy from the US. Ask any of your friends who go there. Lenses usually carry international warranties. There's always an import risk but with a few precautions you should be swimming.

What lenses do you have?

Daniel

More
19 years 1 month ago #10667 by Keith g
Daniel, I have just 2 lenses for the 300D at the moment, the standard 18-55mm EF-S lens, which I find is not great for astrophotography and the 50mm f1.8 also, but i've have'nt even used it yet, you're the 2nd person to say it's great! I'm looking to get a 24-70mm L lens, I've seen some unbelieveable shots taken with it on the digital_astro group, but it is very expensive, guess we'll both just have to keep saving :(

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds