K-Tec

latest jupiter image

More
19 years 1 week ago #11330 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: latest jupiter image
That's a great image Michael. Very good focus. Lots of detail.
Did you have the dob on the tracking platform for that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daveg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 1 week ago #11338 by daveg
Replied by daveg on topic Re: latest jupiter image
Hi Michael

Great image my first attempts were nowhere near that good! Did you have a problem with regi3 trying to stack a number of avis'. When we did the testing on this part of the program we thought that all the bugs were ironed out. Let me know what your problems were and I'll try to sort it.

Dave Gadwell

ps I've reprocessed the above image also (will post soon)

DG

More
19 years 1 week ago #11347 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: latest jupiter image
Thanks to all for the encouraging comments and now for the answers to the questions.

Did you have a problem with regi3 trying to stack a number of avis'.

No I had no problems with this. The only problem is if you go back to the optimizing step to change something (like the resampling ratio) then the optimizing looses the alignment. This maybe only an issue for me as the planret is never in the same part of the image in different AVI's!

Did you have the dob on the tracking platform for that?

Yes, the tracking platform will keep the planet on the laptop screen for a minute of two. This is more than I expected, really I just wanted it for high powered visual work. It will keep the planet in the field of view at 220x for 10 minutes or more. I did try imaging M51, with a 60 second exposure (300D) and was delighted to see the spiral arms but all the stars were 'jiggles', if you know what i mean. (Do not make post the image :oops: )

Whats your scope that you used?

222mm f5.77 Dobsonian on an equitorial platform, Celestron Ultima 2x Barlow and ToCam Pro.

I was out last night again for a transit of Europa the images are on the KAC Website

Michael Scully

More
19 years 1 week ago #11354 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: latest jupiter image

Yes, the tracking platform will keep the planet on the laptop screen for a minute of two. This is more than I expected, really I just wanted it for high powered visual work. It will keep the planet in the field of view at 220x for 10 minutes or more

Impressive! i'd be interested in getting a look at that.

I like your image of the Europa transit. Only comment I'd have is that the procesisng may be a touch too much. This comment is of course coming form someone who always processes images too much! :oops: However, to be fair, you have captured alot of detail within the equatorial bands.

More
19 years 1 week ago #11391 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: latest jupiter image
Hi all,

I have the posted two deepsky images taken with same telescope and mount as the jupiter images above on our KAC Website' gallery page M51 and the pair of M81 and M82 in case anyone is interested.

Michael Scully

More
19 years 1 week ago #11392 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: latest jupiter image
Nice images Michael,
With M81, it is hard to image anything more then the core.
M51 has a nice blue hue to it. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds