K-Tec

M11 to M24

More
19 years 5 days ago #11881 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: M11 to M24
Totally agree Bart - it would be real nice to have the dosh to stump up for both wide and deep fields. But then you'd need an extra pair of arms and eyes... :)

Actually, one of the best shots I have seen is the Rob Gendler one - the link was poster here a few months back. Orion wide field but with deep field data added to the good bits (horsehead, M42 etc). Now that's a cool trick.

Keith - collaboration?...

Cheers

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 4 days ago #11896 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Thanks Guys, It is really a seven minute shot :shock: I could.nt believe the detail I got :D My mount is only the alt/az i.e tripod mount for the Celestron C8 SCT!

I totally agree with you about rob gendler's Orion Shot, Now there's an idea, collaboration sounds damn good, I could do the widefield shots, you the deepfield - now there's a real challenge - watcha think???

Sure would be interesting to find out how that would go...

Keith..

More
19 years 4 days ago #11900 by dmcdona
Hi Keith - I'm not sure how it would work exactly. I guess the start would be to choose the area of sky that would give the best widefield shot (in terms of time of year, local light pollution etc) then to figure out the deep sky componennts that make sense (no point doing the really small deep sky objects, just things like nebulae, large galaxies etc). Then take all images and proces them.

Of course, we have our resident image processor to hand (stand up Dave Power) who could figure out image scales etc :D

And I'm sure there's other folks on the board who could add data either in terms of wide field, deep sky etc. I'm game for a collaboration. Anyone want to do the planning? :D

Cheers

Dave McD

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
19 years 4 days ago #11903 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Well Dave, here's a head start, how about using the images we've got already? I know there's plenty there, still it depends also on how many deep sky objects are in a particular shot.
Maybe next winter, we could see how we do against rob Gendler :shock: with Orion

:D

Keith..

More
19 years 4 days ago #11915 by dmcdona
Game on. If I ever get this %&&^*%&$ mount to work....

Cheers

Dave McD

• DeirdreKelleghan
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
  • IFAS Social Media Officer
More
19 years 3 days ago #11919 by DeirdreKelleghan
Replied by DeirdreKelleghan on topic Your pics
I just want to say that I really admire the astrophoto's that you have placed on the forum over the last few days. I also like the idea of a photographic star atlas.

Best of Luck !

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds