• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13315 by johnflannery
New Book on Digital Astrophotography was created by johnflannery
hi all,

Willmann-Bell publishers have a new book out for all your astrophotographers using a digital camera. It's written by Robert Reeves who also wrote "Wide Field Astrophotography" some time back -- a very detailed and useful book for print film shots of the sky.

more info on the book can be found at;

www.willbell.com/DigitaAstrophoto/Default.htm

. . . I've ordered off Willmann Bell a number of times before with no problems shipping from the US. They are very quick to send out the books too.

atb,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13318 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: New Book on Digital Astrophotography
John et al,

The ONLY problem with Willman-Bell is their shipping costs for overseas buyers. In addition to this particular book, they also have another simultaneous release of the extremely popular AIP4Win (software and book). A number of us European customers have complained and I am working with the president of WB for a mass shipping to me and for redistribution within Europe at much lower costs.

Perhaps if there is a lot of interest in this particular book, we can do something similar.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• johnflannery
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13373 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: New Book on Digital Astrophotography
hi Anthony,

yes, shipping is quite expensive and it would be great to get distribution costs down. I know that Armagh Planetarium is a reseller for Sky and Telescope over here but their shop seems to have gone quiet lately. I usually get Guy Ottwell's Astronomical Calendar from Sky and Tel every year and shipping (they insist by Fedex) is more than the cost of the book!

I've seen some of Jean Meuus' books (by Willmann-Bell) in the UK but allowing for converting from sterling there was not much of a saving compared to buying direct from the publishers. Just bought the Multiyear Interactive Computer Almanac off their site . . . am always collecting sky almanacs to predict the future (astronomy-wise!) :)

hope you are having a good Summer Anthony. Hope we get a chance meet next March at eclipse time (am on the Antanalya trip)

best wishes,

John

More
18 years 10 months ago #13379 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: New Book on Digital Astrophotography

hope you are having a good Summer Anthony. Hope we get a chance meet next March at eclipse time (am on the Antanalya trip)

Hi John,

It would be a real treat to meet before, during or after the eclipse. My plans are to show up on the Greek isle of Kastellorizo about a week prior to the eclipse so as to scout the area for various eclipse photos I have in mind as well as some other work (star trails etc).

I will be showing up with lots of gear ... my AP160 for white light imaging of the eclipse, the Pronto with SM60/BF10 piggy-backed on the AP160 for h-alpha imaging of the eclipse plus multiple film cameras imaging the eclipse as a time series on a single frame.

We have over three minutes of totality on Kastellorizo. All of my friends from Ireland are VERY welcome to join me for this great and unique event!!!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 10 months ago #13383 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
All, I see from the various astro forums that this book is excellent :D

I might order it myself. Are you going to get it John?

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds