• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13532 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Aphelion-Perihelion + AR10781-10789
Michael/Dave,

I am glad you approve. It is always a real treat to investigate something using theoretical figures and something else to see the results. I have to admit that the result is much more impressive than I expected.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13537 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Aphelion-Perihelion + AR10781-10789
It was also nice to see your moon image on the Sky At Night cover CD as well Anthony. Great stuff, keep it up.
Bill.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13538 by ayiomamitis

It was also nice to see your moon image on the Sky At Night cover CD as well Anthony. Great stuff, keep it up.
Bill.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the kind words!

I have asked for a contributor's copy for both issues but my request seems to have fallen on deaf ears (regrettably!).

I was not aware that my moonrise photo is on the CD cover. Can I please trouble one of my Irish friends from this group to send me a scan (low-res is fine) via email? It is frustrating having work appear in a magazine and not having the slightest clue where it is and how it looks!

I hope to have some new images this weekend, for I will be driving to Mount Parnonas southwest of Athens - three-hour drive and 1800 m altitude - for some widefield milky way shots as well as some widefield constellation imaging. I hope to have some links for my Irish friends in due course.

Clear skies!

Anthony.

PS. I have been told by a local amateur that the newstand price for the magazine in Greece, if one can find a copy, is 11 euro! OUCH !!!

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
18 years 10 months ago #13543 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Aphelion-Perihelion + AR10781-10789
Hi Anthony, the moonrise is on the actual CD not the CD cover. If you like I can mail you a copy of the CD. In fact, I think I have everything I need off the CD and can send you the original. PM me your address and I shall post it to you, no problem.
Regards,
Bill.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13546 by lionsden
Replied by lionsden on topic Re: Aphelion-Perihelion + AR10781-10789
Great stuff Anthony, You continue to amaze with your images!.....:shock:
One small point though (not being critical!), your text above the "Aphelion-Perihelion" images doesn't match with the text under each image. I think your apparent diameters are the wrong way around:

More specifically, at perihelion each January, earth is approximately 147 million km away from sun whose apparent diameter is about 31.46' whereas, at aphelion each July, earth is approximately 152 million km away and the sun is characterized with an apparent diameter of about 32.53'.

Confused the hell out of me for a while. I read it five or six times, and still couldn't understand why the sun would look bigger when further away. It wasn't till I read the text under the images that I noticed the discrepancy.
Just thought you might want to set it right.

Congratulations again, and keep up the good work. We all look forward to you images. :D

Leo @ Lionsden
Perhap because light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13553 by ayiomamitis
Hi Leo,

First and foremost I apologize for the confusion. You are right, for I accidently reversed the two figures which leads to an unreasonable statement. Secondly, I have modified all of the associated HTML files so that everything is fully correct ... thank you for pointing out the error!!!

Clear skies.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds