Excellent night

• Bill_H
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
18 years 10 months ago #13693 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Excellent night

I going to look up Uranus now. Hopefully I'll find as many moons as I can.

Dave McD
:wink:

Dave McD

Look up yer own :shock:

now there's a strange thing Dave, It still appears that I'm not to bad with nebula, but out completely with galaxies. I had the Ring nebula on my screen on Sunday night, but didn't press the start button as the sky was too bright and the nebula was faint. So far I've imaged the cats eye and the blinking nebula, while they both still require practice, I had no problems with them. Into the viewfinder, into the eyepiece and into focus on the DSI then image. But, when it comes to galaxies, I just cant do it, I've tried the Black-eye so often :cry: The only other thing I have problems with are reflection nebula, even with my new nebula filter, I can't see them, but planeteries just pop right in there. Be interesting to find out why we both have difficulties with the opposite things!
Bill.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13699 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Excellent night
Hi Bill - here's my version of M31 I shot last night. All the image shows is the core. There's a hint of dust to the upper part of the core

12 images of 60 seconds each (unguided), C8, 6.3 reducer, DSI, dark reduced.

By the way, did you try any of the image processing tools in autostar suite? If you mess about with the histogram, you can squeeze more of the fainter detail out of your image...

Cheers
Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.094 seconds