K-Tec

Deep Sagittarius

More
18 years 10 months ago #13903 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Deep Sagittarius
Keith,
I'm always amazed at how sharp you get the focus,
At this rate you could give up the day job. :)

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 10 months ago #13916 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Deep Sagittarius
:shock:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Keith g
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 10 months ago #13954 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Thanks guys, I'm glad you think it's a good shot :D

I don't know too much about lenses; any chance you could explain about the Canon ef 85mm f1.8 lens at f2.8 you're using? What/how do you operate an f1.8 lens at f2.8?

Michael, easy, the lens operates at a maximum aperture of f1.8, it's widest setting to leave in the max ampunt of light, but many photograhpers 'stop' the lens down a notch or 2, the result being that stars will appear a little sharper, operating at f1.8 is extremely 'fast' meaning too much light will be gathered, and the shot will not be as sharp 8) to step down, there's a dial on the camera to allow you to easily control the aperture of the lens, but if you stop down too far, too little light will be gathered, and the shot will appear dim, so you'd have to increase your exposure time.

Anyone know what the various deep sky objects are that you can see in this image?

Bart, I can eaily count 11, but i'm sure there's a lot more, I'll label this one and put it in the all - ireland sky project.

At this rate you could give up the day job. Smile

I WISH!!!

Keith..

More
18 years 9 months ago #13970 by Bill_H
Replied by Bill_H on topic Re: Deep Sagittarius
Another superb image keith. absolutely stunning.
Bill H.

Astronomers do it with the lights off.

More
18 years 9 months ago #13971 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re:

Michael, easy, the lens operates at a maximum aperture of f1.8, it's widest setting to leave in the max ampunt of light, but many photograhpers 'stop' the lens down a notch or 2, the result being that stars will appear a little sharper, operating at f1.8 is extremely 'fast' meaning too much light will be gathered, and the shot will not be as sharp 8) to step down, there's a dial on the camera to allow you to easily control the aperture of the lens, but if you stop down too far, too little light will be gathered, and the shot will appear dim, so you'd have to increase your exposure time.

Ahh yes, I'm with you now. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds