• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #14500 by ayiomamitis
Binary Star Imaging was created by ayiomamitis
Dear Friends,

My initial foray into binary star imaging has produced some very nice results. For some initial images, I kindly direct you to www.perseus.gr/Astro-Star-Binaries.htm .... give me a few more days and I will have LOTS more examples.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 9 months ago #14504 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Binary Star Imaging
Nice images Anthony and I really like the way you lay the web pages out. They are very detailed but not swamped either.

The Starfire must be getting worked very hard :D

Looking forward to the rest of the images - I really like binaries that have contrasting colours - very pretty.

Cheers

Dave McD

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
18 years 9 months ago #14508 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re: Binary Star Imaging
Wonderful stuff Anthony. Just been surfing your site and I have to say its one of the best personal astro home pages I've seen. Congrats on all counts.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

• ayiomamitis
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
18 years 9 months ago #14509 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: Binary Star Imaging

Nice images Anthony and I really like the way you lay the web pages out. They are very detailed but not swamped either.

I spent some time up-front trying various versions for a master template when presenting an image and ended up with what you see now. I tend to be a fan of lots of information so that I can filter out what I want or need. However, as you state, the last thing any information should do is to distract or discourage the reader.

The Starfire must be getting worked very hard :D

After waiting six years to get my hands on it, I am sure you can understand the counsequences thereafter upon receipt! ;-)

Looking forward to the rest of the images - I really like binaries that have contrasting colours - very pretty.

I enjoy observing binaries, especially multi-coloured one, and they are always a treat to hunt down and observe. I will concentrate initially on the multi-coloured ones and then go after triplets, for example, and irrespective of their colour.

Glad you like the initial images!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds