K-Tec

Damien Pach webcam article in AN

More
20 years 3 months ago #2067 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Damien Pach webcam article in AN

DCT (discrete cosine transform "I think") digitally analyses the image and generates a number (uses digital filters), if the quality is bad, it generates a low number, if its high quality then a high number is generated and so on.

I think this is very similar to the fourier transform that registax uses to work out sharp images. I guess this is faster so it can work in realtime to throw out the bad images, and you can then further analyse the images later to cream off only the best ones?

Mine is version 1.3d, I haven't checked for a new version for a while now, but this version doesnt seem to have telescope options for celestron of other meade scopes.

The basic telescope controls should work for all Meade Autostar scopes, though the focuser wont. They all use a subset of the LX200 instruction set.

Cheers,
~Al

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 months ago #2077 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Damien Pach webcam article in AN
Albert,
I didn't think that new and old LX200s use the same instruction set since all the new equipment use autostar2/autostar while the older equipment uses magellan type handcontrollers.

Does the new LX scopes have the instruction set in the manual (like the old scopes).
If it does, mail me a few of the instructions and I 'll tell you if they are the same as the old LX200.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds