K-Tec

Looking for a webcam for astrophotography?

• galwayskywatchers
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
20 years 2 days ago #2696 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Looking for a webcam for astrophotography?
I used a 8 inch Meade LX10, very reliable scope, i really like the steady tripod. When i bought it in 2000 it came with a declination motor which i never really used until now, find it very useful. I only use a rough polar alignment (facing polaris) so tracking is never accurate. When i get a pernament place for it, i will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 years 2 days ago #2698 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Looking for a webcam for astrophotography?
Nice one Ronan,
How many pics is that, presuming you performed some sort of stacking.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• galwayskywatchers
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
20 years 2 days ago #2699 by galwayskywatchers
Replied by galwayskywatchers on topic Re: Looking for a webcam for astrophotography?
I used VEGA and took a 30 sec exposure, 227 frames, stacked with Registax, small tweaking with Paint shop pro. really only experimenting at the moment ,as im not too well up on the technical jargon. I look foward to the Registax expert talk at the Whirlpool Starparty in September.

More
19 years 10 months ago #3519 by SometimesKen
Replied by SometimesKen on topic Re: Looking for a webcam for astrophotography?
Howdy Y'all,
I have a question for you guys. Although I've been 'scoping for a few years it's only been recently that I started getting interested in astro photography. I just purchased a ToUcam Pro and have been playing with it and Registax, but I have a ways to go......

Anyway.... my question is.... A short while ago I read a post here about how to minimize noise with CCD imaging, but now I can't find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
SometimesKen 8)

Bayville, NJ

Orion Atlas 8 EQ
Orion 80ED w/Meade LXD55 mount.

As the setting sun / melts below the horizon / the stars applaud her bow. ~W. Terrance~
39* 54' N - 74* 10" W

More
19 years 10 months ago #3520 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Looking for a webcam for astrophotography?

A short while ago I read a post here about how to minimize noise with CCD imaging, but now I can't find it. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
SometimesKen

WOW! New Jersy - that is a far far away place for IFAS to reach! Welcome aboard 'Ken'!

I think what you're looking for is this post:

www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=782

Its a post about about a shot Keith Geary took of M13 (Herclues Cluster)

Hope its what you're looking for.

If in doubt, click the 'Search' button on the top of the column at left of the page.

Cheers,

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
19 years 10 months ago #3522 by ctr

WOW! New Jersy - that is a far far away place for IFAS to reach! Welcome aboard 'Ken'!

I think what you're looking for is this post:

www.irishastronomy.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=782

Its a post about about a shot Keith Geary took of M13 (Herclues Cluster)

Hope its what you're looking for.

If in doubt, click the 'Search' button on the top of the column at left of the page.

Cheers,

Seanie.

Hi SometimesKen, welcome to the other side of the pond!! Your site www.njnightsky.com/nuke/html/index.php is super ( I've lurked there for the last month) and is one of only about 10 astronomy sites I visit regularly.

I would recommend anyone here to pay it a visit and register for lots of extras, some of which are pretty cool.

ctr

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds