K-Tec

crater thephilus image and Registax3

More
19 years 4 months ago #6671 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: crater thephilus image and Registax3

I'm hoping to do a how to and a brief workshop on Registax3 (I've been part of the testing team for the last 7 months) as part of the January SDAS meeting - TBC.

I'd be keen for that! I didn't go the any of the workshops over the last 2 or 3 Whirlpools on the subject, primarily because I didn't have the equipment to work with (yet), and that the software would have changed quite a bit by the time I did get the equipment to use!

Now, its possible that the end of my construction of my 8" is in sight, and I may have money to get a Canon 300D, and try keeping the web cam for the 70mm refractor, that I will want to know how to use these programmes to get great astro images!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 4 months ago #6690 by dpower
Replied by dpower on topic Re: crater thephilus image and Registax3
Any particular reason it's a ToUCam pro webcam? I've got a decent 3com webcam, I hardly use the thing so this could be a good opportunity to get some use out of it!

IFAS web team

More
19 years 4 months ago #6692 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: crater thephilus image and Registax3
the toucam pro has an very good quality sony chip in it which is excellent at detecting faint light - exactly what you need for astronomy. you can give your 3com one a go and see how you get on. then, afterwards, you can always upgrade to the toucam pro if you like.

• daveg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 4 months ago #6700 by daveg
Replied by daveg on topic Re: crater thephilus image and Registax3
Seanie

I can do one for Tullamore if you want, I'm only up the road near Birr.

Dave Gradwell

More
19 years 4 months ago #6706 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: crater thephilus image and Registax3
Sounds like a plan Dave. I will say though that right now, our calendar is full (as far as I know), but as always, there will be one who can't do their lecture. If I get plenty of notice, will this be any good to you?

Say, would you like to come out with us (TAS) next Sunday afternoon for our Christmas Dinner in Tullamore? Meet some of the 'crew'?

As a side note Dave, I am amazed how neither side has tried to contact the other yet about meeting up for observing, or to give a lecture, or a pint... :) Have you guys got a club name? Walter Campbell was with us for a while.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• daveg
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
19 years 4 months ago #6707 by daveg
Replied by daveg on topic Re: crater thephilus image and Registax3
Yeah just let me know when you get a slot. Sorry but I can't make it on Sunday I'm in work (I campaigning for all flights to be MOn. to Fri. 09:00 to 5:30) :) but thanks for the invite anyway.

CS
DaveG

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds