K-Tec

Hi from new member

More
19 years 3 months ago #8332 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: Hi from new member
EXCUSE ME :shock:
But my Father had Munster JR and All Ireland JR hurling medals for Waterford when JR & SR were the only divisions at that level and when men were men and everything else was nervous :) Granted ,my Mother was from Carrick (the right side WFD) :P but the Grandmother was from Coill Cais (Cad a dheanaimid feasta gan adhmaid) (OK guys I gave up the Latin :cry: )
So at least I can afford to get "uppity"
Eugene
I think "Hens teeth " and any hurling All Ireland medal for Waterford are synonymous

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 3 months ago #8333 by BrianOHalloran
Replied by BrianOHalloran on topic Re: Hi from new member
:lol: I suppose you've earned the right!!! :lol: Mind you, I wouldn't consider Carrick-Beg to be on the 'right side' of the Suir, not by a long way :P

I suppose I have to be nice now to the Deise considering I've just got married to a Waterford girl, poor thing! Thank God for Kilkenny-bashing in that case :twisted:

More
19 years 3 months ago #8337 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic Re: Hi from new member
Eugene,

can us Tipp men have Sean Kelly then? :twisted:

John F.

More
19 years 3 months ago #8340 by Eugene Burke
Replied by Eugene Burke on topic Re: Hi from new member
Actually John NO !! :roll:
Because not only did Sean Kelly just win all those cycling accolades as a Waterford man,and if he had been racing for a French team he would have a good few "Tours" under his belt, but he started off his career as a blocklayer who co-incidentally worked on the same house as my father,for his short but illustrious building career and my nephew/godson trained with him for the RAS so ,again John ,sorry ,but NO!! :wink:
Thanks for the talk in Waterford we were all very impressed (and the talk was good too!!!)
Cheers
Eugene

More
19 years 3 months ago #8349 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Ok, we might give you Sean Kelly if - and only if - we finally get that Liam McCarthy this year!!!!! :D

Keith..

More
19 years 3 months ago #8354 by James Butler
Replied by James Butler on topic Re: Hi from new member
Boys, boys!

We all know that the only good thing about Waterford and Tipperary is that they have excellent roads, all leading to Kilkenny.

Please genuflect whenever passing through the feline county, on the way to a good beating at Croke Park.

And before a Cork man chips in. The only thing worse than losing an All-Ireland final is hearing a Cork man cry so we let you have a loan of the cup for a year.

OK, back to astronomy. Let me hear no more of your nonsense.

James Butler

Astronomy Diary - astronomy-diary.blogspot.com/

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds