• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #9406 by ftodonoghue
Help Needed was created by ftodonoghue
Hi guys

I recently acquired a 2nd hand skylux (70mm) telescope and have just begun to use it, in addition to my binoculars….The optics seem to be ok. and I was just wondering about the next step to take to capture some decent images of the moon….I do not own a decent camera, but I do have a sony trv19 mini DV….Is there a way I can hook this up to the scope, and if so what do I need, any help would be greatly appreciated…

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9409 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Help Needed
Trevor,
This could prove to be difficult to do with this minicam and the Skylux. The weight alone of the camera on the scope will hinder operation. You could try getting a 35mm film barrel, cutting off the end, and fixing it with (electrical) tape to the camera lens - you have now made an extremely rudimentary eyepiece-cum-camera for your scope.

If you have any sort of webcam, it might be the better way to try and start off. Of course, the problem will be that you will have to have it attached to a computer at the same time as the scope to get any pictures!

Have fun with your new toy!

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• ftodonoghue
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
19 years 2 months ago #9414 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Help Needed
I will have to give it a go

Cheers
Trevor

More
19 years 2 months ago #9423 by mjs
Replied by mjs on topic Re: Help Needed
Trevor,

Bring all the bits along to our commitee meeting tomorrow night. There is nothing like seeing all the bits to sort out some problems. The 3 Mpixel camera is more than adaquet for Lunar images, specially if it has some form exposure control/compensation.

I will be in touch with directions or will meet you no the road some where. There might even be a chance of a clear sky :shock: to see the moon.

Michael Scully
Chairperson KAC for another year!

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds