• dmcdona
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
19 years 2 months ago #9535 by dmcdona
Meade DSI was created by dmcdona
Here's an image with the Meade DSI.

31 images at 3 sec per image. Stacked within the DSI software as supplied. Mag data via Starry Night Pro and Aladin.

I got more mags via Aladin but these referred to 'first red' mag, 'second red' mag etc. This was over my head so I left those mags out.

I'm still refining my techniques with the DSI and each time I get out with it, I improve and my images get better.

Locating objects is a pain - currently I'm non-goto on the C8 so star hopping is the order of the day. And it ain't easy. Still, my polar alignmnet is definately getting better too as tracking objects is getting easier.

But of course this will all improve when my AP1200 mount arrives in a month or two :shock: I just need to shoehorn the C8 onto it pending the purchase of the StarFire 160 :shock: :shock:

And of course the weather has not been kind...

Anyway, any comments appreciated.

Dave McD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9536 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: Meade DSI

I got more mags via Aladin but these referred to 'first red' mag, 'second red' mag etc. This was over my head so I left those mags out.

i would guess these would refer to magnitudes in that colour channel as opposed to it's absolute magnitude, combined through the appropriate filters. nice image though iti is amazing how far it can go down so quickly.
stephen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds