Call for astro images

• jhonan
  • Topic Author
  • Main Sequence
  • Main Sequence
More
19 years 2 months ago #9588 by jhonan
Call for astro images was created by jhonan
I'm doing a presentation to Dublin Camera Club next Tuesday (1st) on the subject of Astrophotography. However, I lack one vital ingredient - Astrophotographs... :lol:

I'm looking for a mixture of images (constellations, aurora, deep sky, moon, planets) taken using a variety of techniques (webcam, wide-angle, guided, prime focus) And of course the photographers permission to use the photographs during the presentation - giving you full credit, of course.

Any takers? - Post links or images on this thread, or email them to me directly jhonan@gmail.com - Details of equipment used etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John.

Everyone in Ireland buys Meade, and they all buy them from Lidl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9594 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Call for astro images
John,
rather then send you megabytes of images,
feel free to use anything from me thats either here or on the shannonsdie site
www.go.to/sac

see the galleries section.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

More
19 years 2 months ago #9612 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re: Astroshots
Hi John, Ypu can certainly use any of my shots in the files section here:

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/viewFiles.php?folder_id=2

There's plenty of both film based and digital shots, ranging from widefield to moon, details are supplied, if not, give me a shout :D

Keith..

More
19 years 2 months ago #9615 by dmcdona
Replied by dmcdona on topic Re: Call for astro images
Folks - since the weather is so miserable, I was going through single frames I took a good few days back. I was imaging around Denebola and taking 2 second exposures. Frame size is about 30 arcseconds by 40 arcseconds approx. Stacked, the images are OK but I was surprised when I came across this single frame. The frames either side of this show no streak (they are about 5 seconds apart due to image download time even though exposure is only 2 seconds). C8 SCT, (F6.3 with focal reducer), Meade DSI.

I assume it is either a very small (speck sized) meteor or a cosmic ray hit, though cosmic ray hits I've seen before do not exhibit a straight line pattern
As with any of the material I post here, it is for public consumption though I would appreciate credit if you use it.

Cheers

Dave McD

More
19 years 2 months ago #9642 by cloudsail
Replied by cloudsail on topic A couple of more
I took most of the ones on this page unguided with a 50mm F1.4 normal camera lens on 35mm slide and print film:

homepage.mac.com/nitzb/PhotoAlbum4.html

The only exception is "Moon occults jupiter" which was taken by aiming a video camera through the eyepiece of a Celestron 500mm spotting scope and setting the shutter speed high enough to minimize the shakiness of the astronomer.

Ignore the Birr telescope photo. Most of the "stars" are dust. I'll have that one reprinted as soon as I find a decent lab...and the negative.

More
19 years 2 months ago #9646 by slattts
Replied by slattts on topic Re: Call for astro images
John,

Feel free to make use of anything you find useful here:

home.earthlink.net/~dslattery1/images

Unfortunately I've never made a real website, this is just an image directory. So any pics you may want to use, ping me and I'll supply details as best I can.

-- Denis Slattery

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds