K-Tec

Orion vs Scorpius

More
16 years 1 month ago #64994 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Orion vs Scorpius
............which won't affect my viewing habits in the slightest. What with my work hours, I can really only observe from about 11pm till about 2 or 3am anyway....no matter what time of the year! :D

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #65012 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Subject

If Orion is a winter constellation here and seeing its nubula is a fantatsic sight to see, in the summer what would be the main object in the sky to be looking for?

The Milky Way as it spreads across the sky from Perseus -> Cassiopeia -> Cygnus -> Aquila -> Saggitarius is my number one 'target'. So rich in star clusters, mini-asterisms, nebulae, and even a few galaxies further away. Up high, all night long, from June to August.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 1 month ago #65028 by Shayne Coleman
Replied by Shayne Coleman on topic Thanks
Thanks a million for all your help i am excited to hear that nebulas and galaxies will be visible just hope now that the weather will be good and wont have a rainy summer, how much did that telescope set you back?

More
16 years 1 month ago #65055 by stevie
Replied by stevie on topic Re: Orion vs Scorpius
For me, the Scutum - Serpens Cauda - Scorpio - Sagittarius area is far and away the best part of the whole sky. I look forward to seeing it every year, especially the M objects above the Teapot. Get the kettle on Mia.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds