K-Tec

Recurrent Nova (RS Oph) in outburst

More
18 years 2 months ago #23723 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
I managed to process a shot of the area too! I've been waiting a long time to see this. This is a widefield view of what the outburst looked like at 6:01am this morning..
Keith..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JohnONeill
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
18 years 2 months ago #23881 by JohnONeill
Replied by JohnONeill on topic Nova RS Oph fading
This recurrent nova is fading, this morning I made it about mag six and a half. This is about about two mags below maximum. The red tinge is quite noticeable visually in my 12x36's. This also show well in Keith's image.

If the star behaves as before the rate of decline should lessen later in the month.

John

More
18 years 2 months ago #23946 by Keith g
I had a look agian this morning through both my etx70 and 9x60mm binos, I estimated it's magnitude to be 6.4, so it's fading quite fast :roll:

I hope to get another image tomorrow morning as this morning was quite poor with strong moonlight and some high cloud......

Keith..

More
18 years 2 months ago #23978 by Keith g
Yippeee..another clear morning this morning....doing well for Ireland!!

I just got this widefield image of the RS Oph region this morning, I estimated it at magnitude 6.6 visual, also noteable was that has changed colour to orange/crimson, so I could see the star begin to redden through my C8 at x100.

www.irishastronomy.org/user_resources/fi...H%20180206%20web.jpg

Keith..

More
18 years 2 months ago #23991 by martinastro
Replied by martinastro on topic Re: Recurrent Nova (RS Oph) in outburst
Great work keith and a great image that nicely compliments your visual observation! :D

Martin Mc Kenna

coruscations attending the whole length of the luminosity, giving to the phenomena the aspect of a wrathful messenger, and not that of a tranquil body pursuing a harmless course..comet of 1680

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds