The Moon

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 4 weeks ago #65759 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: The Moon
Yes Dave it was mentioned on Sky at night. I have to say the prospect of seeing material being ejected from the moons surface due to a collision of a probe is about the most exciting astro news i have heard since comet Hale-Bopp blazed across our skies way back when.

I just hope NASA plan it right so it happens at night.

Imagine just sitting back taking in great moon views when all of a sudden a great plume of rock,dust,gas rises from the southern lunar surface.

And the GREAT thing about it is that reflected sun light from the moon takes little more then a second to reach us here on earth so we would be seeing it in almost absolute real time.

As for going back to the moon, they went for the wrong reasons 30+ years ago, if they go for the right reasons this time it will be more long term.
When they do go back, I'll be taking the day off and sitting with a good beer and nachos and if its night time will be keeping an eye on the moon as they land if its up, not that you'd see them landing through the scope, but it would be nice to say you were looking at the moon when they landed.!

Couldnt agree MORE. I am really getting excited about the new upcoming era of moon exploration.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds