K-Tec

What's your name? Introduce yourself to IFAS!

• albertw
  • Topic Author
  • IFAS Secretary
  • IFAS Secretary
More
16 years 9 months ago #48200 by albertw
Hi,

hello my name is fintan;i just joined this forum last week.
i live in delvin,co.westmeath.i find it fascinating looking up at the stars and studying the moon. i was wondering if anyone has a map of the moon?. :?

Welcome!

Most astronomy books, even the ones in easons should have a basic map of the moon in it. I guess it depends on how detailed you want really. If you want to be able to identify every crater you can see in a bair of binoculars or telescope then you might want to look at software, I think lunar phase pro has the ability to identify craters (free trial version at lunarphasepro.nightskyobserver.com/ ). Someone also posted a link to a poster yesterday for sale at www.moonposter.ie ; it looks a pretty good wall chart map.

Cheers,
~Albert

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #48203 by artyfarty

hello my name is fintan;i just joined this forum last week.
i live in delvin,co.westmeath.i find it fascinating looking up at the stars and studying the moon. i was wondering if anyone has a map of the moon?. :?

You might also like to look at this piece of free software Virtual Moon Atlas I'm pretty new to this also and found this helpful... that was of course before the skies clouded over and denied me access to the stars :(

More
16 years 9 months ago #48292 by fordglen
thanks for the welcome and the information. i;m looking forward to chatting to you :D

not a bother

More
16 years 8 months ago #49499 by John D
Replied by John D on topic intro
Hi everybody

My name is John Dolan and I'm 16 years old and my main interests are Astronomy and Fishing. I have recently got a 6 inch Meade LXD 75 telescope. I'm just finding my way around the universe. I am interested in taking some photos of the sights I see through my telescope and would appreciate any advise anyone has to share.

Looking forward to meeting you all over the coming months. :D

John.

John

More
16 years 8 months ago #49500 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: intro

Hi everybody

My name is John Dolan and I'm 16 years old and my main interests are Astronomy and Fishing. I have recently got a 6 inch Meade LXD 75 telescope. I'm just finding my way around the universe. I am interested in taking some photos of the sights I see through my telescope and would appreciate any advise anyone has to share.

Looking forward to meeting you all over the coming months. :D

John.

Welcome aboard John!

If it's astro photography you're interested in you've sure come to the right place! We have lots of very knowledgeable members when it comes to imaging the sky. Feel free to post any questions in the Astrophotography section.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 8 months ago #49505 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Introductions! - Welcome to IrishAstonomy.org!
Hi John,
Ask anything you like, thats what the site is for.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds