K-Tec

Have i got a crap Telescope?

• griffinneil
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
17 years 3 months ago #39616 by griffinneil
Replied by griffinneil on topic Have i got a crap Telescope?
Well lads…

Cheers for getting back to me so fast, I know I am in the right place joining this forum with all this help, and im dying to get up and really into it…so thanks a million stars!!
Ya sorry forget to say the modal is Optisan star 900114II.

Jhoare: collimation tweaking… not sure if I want to go messing around with that just yet , but I would say the 25mm is quite better than the 6.5mm…but only on the stars…the moon is perfect with the 25mm…and even see the “kepler marking in detail with the 6.5 mm. Ya being new , im sure to join a club soon, was going to join the cork club, which I heard had a observing night Friday which I miss ….aahhh, but in transit with new job at the mo, so moving to Galway soon I think so sure to check out the club….cheers!
Seanie Morris : had 3 great nights of viewing especially last night for about an hour , not a cloud in sight and I live out in the country… but that’s a great idea to check out the optics on landscape objects…will do that..thanks!
Ftodonoghue / Dave Grennan: like I said ill leave the collimation for a while just to be safe…but cheers for the links ill be back to them if needed… and ya on the way to learning the constellations… have my hands on a few books, so with the help of the challenge handbooks ye have given me ill will have a few tasks to get me started…thanks lads
:lol: :) :oops: :oops:

“Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another” Plato

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #39622 by ftodonoghue
Replied by ftodonoghue on topic Re: Have i got a crap Telescope?
Hi Griffinneil

I know you are worried about collimation, but I would at least learn to know if your scope is out of collimation. There should be diagrams to show you in the links above.

If the scope is not collimated properly, you will miss out on a lot of detail

Cheers
Trevor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds