K-Tec

Buy Lecture DVDs Online

More
17 years 1 month ago #42381 by SunCrazy
Replied by SunCrazy on topic Re: Buy Lecture DVDs Online
I have a few of them. They are OK to listen to the speaker, but most of these speakers use a powerpoint presentation with good images and other visual material, but the resolution that the video is recorded in looses a bit out of this .

When you buy them though I would recommend that you pick them up in Dublin if you can as he charges 5Euro to send out 1 disc...which is a bit pricy...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• griffinneil
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
17 years 1 month ago #42433 by griffinneil
Replied by griffinneil on topic Re: Buy Lecture DVDs Online
cheers lads

ya was thinking the AI dvds were just the copys of the lectures....power points .......sounds a bit dodgy!!

But the Sam Neill series on BBC seems to good reviews, defo try and get my hands on it.....sound!!

.......any others???

“Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another” Plato

More
16 years 11 months ago #46047 by artyfarty
Replied by artyfarty on topic Re: Buy Lecture DVDs Online
You can find some of the SAm Neil documentaries on Google Video here some of them and not working but I've currently looking at Episode 04 online.

EDIT: I looked on Google videos for about 5 minutes and found all 6 working fine... down loading as we speak :wink:

More
16 years 11 months ago #46049 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Buy Lecture DVDs Online

Folks, I think what Neil is referring to is the Videos AI sell of their big lectures rather than generic Astronomy videos.

The A.I. ones are online right? www.astronomy.ie/webcast/webcast.html

I guess view them there for free and if there is one that you particularly want you could risk ordering the DVD.

The Sam Neil DVDs are good. Others I've liked are the BBC "stephen Hawkings universe" and "The elegant universe" (series based on the book by Brian Greene).

Between podcasts, youtube, google video, online lectures, and whatever books & DVD's your local astronomy club has there is enough material out there to 'try before you buy' :-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds