K-Tec

location location location

More
16 years 8 months ago #49554 by BrianOCarroll
Replied by BrianOCarroll on topic Re: location location location
Hi UncleOrinoco,

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but, there is a talk given by Seanie Morris in Tullamore tonight (Tuesday) about The Perseids meteor shower. I think it's open for visitors to come along (maybe Seanie or another member could verify this??).

See www.tullamoreastronomy.com/index.asp for more details. They also seem to be holding a Perseid-spotting barbeque on Saturday but again not sure if that's open to non-members either.

I'll be hoping to attend tonight but may end up having to work late this evening!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #49555 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: location location location

Hi UncleOrinoco,

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but, there is a talk given by Seanie Morris in Tullamore tonight (Tuesday) about The Perseids meteor shower. I think it's open for visitors to come along (maybe Seanie or another member could verify this??).

Verified! ;)

The star-b-q will also be an open ticket affair, in that it will be open and we don't give tickets so we don't mind who comes along. The barbie and heat will be provided, just bring everything else you think you'll need. After tonights talk, more information will be posted once us committee members have a chat about it at tonights meeting.

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• UncleOrinoco
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
16 years 8 months ago #49566 by UncleOrinoco
Replied by UncleOrinoco on topic D'oh
Pity - can't make it tonight due to a removal. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the forum for announcements though.

In the meantime, I bullied a friend of mine into letting me use his backgarden outside Ashbourne over the weekend, which only succeeded in providing me with fabulous views of the grey rainclouds. :roll: At least I have a spot now!

More
16 years 8 months ago #49567 by BrianOCarroll
Replied by BrianOCarroll on topic Re: location location location
Seanie, (or anybody who knows the area)

I will be able to come along tonight accompanied by the girlfriend. I've checked out a map of Tullamore and I'm pretty sure I can get to High St easily enough. What should I look out for in terms of landmarks if I am coming onto High St from Kilbeggan (via N52)?

Thanks,
Brian

More
16 years 8 months ago #49571 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: location location location
Brian, we use a small Presbyterian Church on your left at the top of High Street at the small roundabout. There might be parking available after it (past the small roundabout), or take either a precedding left or right turn into 2 car parks. All are free parking after 6pm. My number is 087 6825910 if you get stuck!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 8 months ago #49666 by Macros42
Replied by Macros42 on topic Re: location location location
Seanie - there seems to be a problem with your site - getting error messages when I try to go to it. VB6 errors.

Steve
--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" -- Albert Einstein

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds