K-Tec

Newbie Astronomer

More
16 years 6 months ago #52637 by git74
Replied by git74 on topic Re: Newbie Astronomer
Great, thanks for the advice keith. I setup the scope last thursday and waited patiently for the moon, typical though... i bought it on a new moon! :?
I have been combing the skysince and was getting very frustrated with the finder scope :shock: , hopefully no longer.

Im lookin forward to making the adjustments this evening and hope we have clear skies!

Cheers!
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #52638 by albertw
Replied by albertw on topic Re: Newbie Astronomer

Thanks for the info, I did notice that what i was seeing in the finder scope was not visible in the main scope but wasnt sure how to adjust it to match, its the only thing not discussed in the manual. The finder scope has two screws attaching it to the main scope, which only allow movement up and down the body, is this all i need to do?

The screws attaching it to the main scope are probably fixed so they should be ok. Its the screws surrounding the scope itself that you need to check.

They can screw in different amounts, so when you unscrew one, you can screw the other two in a bit further which changes the direction.

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
16 years 6 months ago #52639 by git74
ahh ok, I wondered what they were for! i'm still a bit nervous with all the different screws in case I mess with the wrong one and something breaks! :wink:
Thanks Albert!

More
16 years 6 months ago #52641 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Newbie Astronomer
Just don't screw around with it on grass - if you drop a screw in the dark, you're screwed!

Sorry, couldn't help it... :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 6 months ago #52642 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Nah!! If you lose a screw, just use a magnet like I do, keep the good humour coming Seanie :P

Keith..

More
16 years 6 months ago #52643 by git74
ha ha ha... yeah i probably wouldnt be able to spot them.. (ouch!) :shock:

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds