K-Tec

EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! (Hope this works!!!)

More
16 years 6 months ago #53013 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! (Hope this works!!!)
Jeeze, I'd be just as chuffed and colourful in my posts if I could post an image on a first attempt like your Kevin! :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Maygrey
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
16 years 6 months ago #53262 by Maygrey
Replied by Maygrey on topic Re: EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! (Hope this works!!!)
CHEERS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS ALL..... you guys right, pure addiction... constantly lookin up.... waitin for clouds to break!!

Perhaps give us some details about the equipment used, cameras, scope, exposures etc, that will help with the tips etc.

As for equipment etc... Celestron 9.25 inch sm. cass. scope with Canon 400d SLR mounted prime focus..i did not use (wat do ya call the thingy that allows you to mount camera with scopes eyepiece attached????) i.e. i had no eyepiece on scope...... i used no guiders etc.. equatorial mount..think alignment pretty ok... ..... 30 x 30sec exposures, 4 darks, no flats .. stacked in deepsky stacker... adjusted in photoshop elements.

I would love to hear any tips... maybe helix next or ring...
CHEERS...... KEVIN

More
16 years 6 months ago #53475 by bertthebudgie
Replied by bertthebudgie on topic Re: EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! (Hope this works!!!)
Thats a fantastic shot Kevin :D Id be well pleased with a shot like that. Looking forward to your next one. Perhaps the ring :D

Eqipment
Lx90 8' SCT, UHC Narrowband filter
SPC900 Webcam, Atik 16ic
Astrozap Dew Heater
Meade eyepieces & barlows 9,26 and 32mm
Moonfish 32mm 2"

"Always pass to the man in space"

More
16 years 6 months ago #53477 by TrevorDurity
Replied by TrevorDurity on topic Re: EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! (Hope this works!!!)
Excellent shot Kevin, & it sure ain't easy to focus a DSLR through a scope. Your focus is spot on. I see your based in Galway. Do you go to the club? We'll be bringing a couple of scopes with us tonight.

Trev

• Maygrey
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
16 years 6 months ago #53598 by Maygrey
Replied by Maygrey on topic Re: EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! (Hope this works!!!)
THANKS DAVE AND TREVOR,

to dave.. Are you still tryin to get that elusive galaxy that youwere workin on in Birr??? Cant recall which it was.... Hows observing goin up wicklow mountains??

To trevor,.... Did not read message till today (tuesday)..I Was at meeting last night...good talk... pity bout clouds.. i will have to get ronan to introduce.. Must have met you... I think that Frank Ryans idea bout wearin NAME TAGS at these meetings and star partys is a super idea... and maybe include screen name...

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds