K-Tec

Help Logging in

More
16 years 6 months ago #54202 by budz
Help Logging in was created by budz
Hi all, I'm just wondering what's up with the site, I've had to log in six times so far and have only been here an hour! I had to log in everytime I wanted to view private messages, post and even just to get back to the main index. It's driving me potty! Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #54207 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: Help Logging in
Hi budz,
what kind of 'problem' were you having? Password? Site slow to load? Time out errors?

Seanie.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 6 months ago #54223 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Help Logging in
Hi Budz,

As a first guess I'd imagine your browser is not storing this site's cookie and hence loosing your session. Perhaps just make sure that you are accepting cookies.

If that does't fix the problem can you let me know what version of what browser you are running on what OS?

Thanks,

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 6 months ago #54243 by budz
Replied by budz on topic Re: Help Logging in
Hi, I'm not sure exactly what's going on. I logged in and checked some pm's, when I went to reply to one I was asked to log in to proceed. Then when I wanted to post I was told to log in again, this happened several times. I logged in here two minutes ago and have repeated it twice already.
I'm not very knowledgeable regarding computers and os's etc. but I have no problems on other sites I visit.
I'm using windows XP, mozilla firefox and cookies are allowed but removed when firefox session closes. Is this any help?

More
16 years 6 months ago #54245 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Help Logging in

Hi, I'm not sure exactly what's going on. I logged in and checked some pm's, when I went to reply to one I was asked to log in to proceed. Then when I wanted to post I was told to log in again, this happened several times. I logged in here two minutes ago and have repeated it twice already.
I'm not very knowledgeable regarding computers and os's etc. but I have no problems on other sites I visit.
I'm using windows XP, mozilla firefox and cookies are allowed but removed when firefox session closes. Is this any help?

What you are describing sounds exactly like what I'd expect to happen if cookies were being lost. Are you dead sure cookies are on?

I presume you are using a fully up-to-date version of FireFox?

Also, when you log in do you select the little "remember me" (or somethign like that) checkbox?

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

More
16 years 6 months ago #54249 by budz
Replied by budz on topic Re: Help Logging in
Everything is up-to-date here, cookies are definitely allowed. I never select the remember me function. I have been posting on other sites today and no problems there.

(I had this all written out and hit submit.. was asked to sign in and message was lost)

Oh well! Must be just me as no one else has reported similar.

Many thanks for the replies, I'll get someone to check over my settings tomorrow.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds