K-Tec

Help Logging in

More
16 years 6 months ago #54254 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Help Logging in

Everything is up-to-date here, cookies are definitely allowed. I never select the remember me function. I have been posting on other sites today and no problems there.

(I had this all written out and hit submit.. was asked to sign in and message was lost)

Oh well! Must be just me as no one else has reported similar.

Many thanks for the replies, I'll get someone to check over my settings tomorrow.

See that's the strange thing. We have a lot of FireFox users (me included) and you seem to be alone in having this problem. This makes it much harder to trouble-shoot because I can't reproduce it. It also leads me to assume it must be a client issue of some sort but then the fact that other sites don't work lead to the conclusion it's a problem with this site .... all very confusing.

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 6 months ago #54268 by Paul FitzGerald
Replied by Paul FitzGerald on topic Re: Help Logging in

Hi all, I'm just wondering what's up with the site, I've had to log in six times so far and have only been here an hour! I had to log in everytime I wanted to view private messages, post and even just to get back to the main index. It's driving me potty! Help!

Bart, I've been having a similar problem. I've noticed it happening for the past two months or so. I haven't passed much heed on it until now as I've only been on the site interemittantly recently & thought it might just have been a minor glitch.

My problem is that I have to log on with each and every visit. That's with the log in box ticked.
However, I work for the same co. as Dave Grennan, & I know that since recently I can't view the flickr pics either :evil: .
Maybe the cookie is being dropped too... :cry:

Paul Fitz
MAC Treasurer

'Astronomy shows how small and insignificant and rare and precious we all are.' - Contact.

More
16 years 6 months ago #54272 by voyager
Replied by voyager on topic Re: Help Logging in

Hi all, I'm just wondering what's up with the site, I've had to log in six times so far and have only been here an hour! I had to log in everytime I wanted to view private messages, post and even just to get back to the main index. It's driving me potty! Help!

Bart, I've been having a similar problem. I've noticed it happening for the past two months or so. I haven't passed much heed on it until now as I've only been on the site interemittantly recently & thought it might just have been a minor glitch.

My problem is that I have to log on with each and every visit. That's with the log in box ticked.
However, I work for the same co. as Dave Grennan, & I know that since recently I can't view the flickr pics either :evil: .
Maybe the cookie is being dropped too... :cry:

It's possible some corporate firewalls are enforcing some policies which could be nobbeling the cookie.

A question though, are you going to irishastronomy.org or www.irishastronomy.org ?

Bart.

My Home Page - www.bartbusschots.ie

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds