• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 4 months ago #57408 by pj30something
Is

Astronomy by Ian Ridpath......published by DK

It has everything in it from the history of astronomy to quantum physics...........and everything in between.

It contains monthly star charts for both the northern/southern hemispheres, a celestial event guide of EVERYTHING that is gonna happen in the heavens for the next 10 yrs......................and SO much more.

Basically it starts with the big bang and ends with the different theories in which the universe may one day end (and explains everything in between).

It tells you about binoculars,telescopes.............what to buy, what not to buy.................

GREAT READ. You can take as much or as little from it as you want. Some of it is SIMPLE..............some of it is COMPLEX.

Paul C
My next scope is going to be a Vixen VMC200L Catadioptric OTA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #57433 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: A really good book for both beginners and advanced
Got the same book myself (at least I think so). It's like an easy-to-browse encyclopedia. Recommend it.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 4 months ago #57440 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: A really good book for both beginners and advanced
This is the book i referred to:

Paul C

More
16 years 4 months ago #57498 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: A really good book for both beginners and advanced
I think I've got an earlier edition of that. Another similar book is Stars & Planets by Ian Nicolson.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• pj30something
  • Topic Author
  • Super Giant
  • Super Giant
More
16 years 4 months ago #57549 by pj30something
Replied by pj30something on topic Re: A really good book for both beginners and advanced
Another book i have is also called Astronomy (surprise surprise) by Dinah L Moche (sixth edition). Also a great book for all alike.

Paul C

More
16 years 4 months ago #57902 by Tonybwf
Replied by Tonybwf on topic Books
Some good books iv read are "NIGHT SKY ATLAS" by DK
"ESSENTIAL ASTRONOMY" by D&C

both i found excellent for me as a beginner...the atlas book is great for identifying constellations and stars easy to read aswell i have that astronomy book by Ian Ridpath thats very good too

Regards
Tony

"What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds