K-Tec

Refractor needs help

More
15 years 10 months ago #70204 by dmolloy
Replied by dmolloy on topic Re: Refractor needs help
Eamon, what everyone has said is spot on. I am relatively new to astronomy - and have learnt that we can't see things just because they are far away...but because they are dim. The light gathering ability of your Newtonian is way beyond the ability of your refractor, but I own a small refractor and 250mm Dobson myself Sometimes i feel like a refractor night...and sometimes feel like a reflector night (depends on how fit I feel, to carry out the dob to the garden).......so enjoy both scopes. :D

Declan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #70205 by Vagelis Tsamis
Replied by Vagelis Tsamis on topic Re: Refractor needs help

I'll try the cleaning kit. Originally I was kind of apprehensive about doing this, but will give it a go. Thanks for the help
8-)
Eamonn

Hi Eamonn,
I 'd suggest you ask some advise here on how and when to clean (or when not to clean) the optics of both the refractor and the reflector.
I am sure everyone here can help you.
Please have in mind that trying to clean mirrors or lenses with the wrong stuff, might do more harm than good!
Vagelis.

Sparta Astronomy Association / Observations Coordinator
International Occultation Timing Association / European Section, www.iota-es.de/

More
15 years 10 months ago #70240 by Keith g
Replied by Keith g on topic Re:
Oh Eamonn, by the way, forgot to mention DO NOT clean the inside of the lens by dissassembling the scope, might be bad news, just try to clean the outside as much as possible :shock:

Keith..

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds