K-Tec

MY LATEST ATTEMPT

More
15 years 4 months ago #75626 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re:MY LATEST ATTEMPT
That’s a very impressive image of M31 Kevin. I agree with Dave in taking more image frames, this will definitely improve upon an already very good image to bring out finer detail.
I am not familiar with the 400d camera but you could try in addition to taking to some dark frames and then subtract. It’s a good way of determining noise and hot pixels issues and eliminating them from the final image, although the image you have taken upon initial inspection looks clean to me, you could try this as an experiment I suppose. Looking forward to more of your work.

Regards and clear skies
Mike

I83 Cherryvalley Observatory

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say; "I WANT TO SEE THE MANAGER".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Maygrey
  • Topic Author
  • Proto Star
  • Proto Star
More
15 years 4 months ago #75634 by Maygrey
Replied by Maygrey on topic Re:MY LATEST ATTEMPT
Hi all,
Thanks for interest...

I am not familiar with the 400d camera but you could try in addition to taking to some dark frames and then subtract.

Hi mike. I did use darks, 10x2min, although I think this is the one without darks.. Got mixed up :unsure: HA HA but to tell you the truth they were VERY similar.. I do see the hot pixels in this one alright..

Maybe a tad too many red stars, but something I'm willing to overlook

Hi Seanie, I thought that too... but this is the way it came out.. I have not enhanced colour (much):)

In fairness, I don't think Kevin has much control over the composition of the stellar population around M31.

HA HA HA HA... I blame God anyway!!! WHAT WAS HE THINKIN!!!!!

I will do more frames mext time out.. I think I could get the focusing better too.. Pretty difficult as the 400d does not have live view.. ORION HERE I COME!! (any suggestions as to exposure details that I should try?)

cheers Folks... Ill keep ye posted: cheer:
kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds