Moon position 400 years ago

More
14 years 11 months ago #78355 by Edk
Replied by Edk on topic Re:Moon position 400 years ago
Hi Steve

Thanks for your suggestion

I'll have a look and get back to you on any progress

Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #78356 by Edk
Replied by Edk on topic Re:Moon position 400 years ago
Hi Dave

Thanks for that, It will take me a while to get to gribs with all that data but I will definitely know alot more than I do at present by tyhe time I'm finished.

Really appreciate it

Ed

More
14 years 9 months ago #79577 by woody
Replied by woody on topic Re:Moon position 400 years ago
To OP,

Apart form Epoch,

as far as I know the calander used in 1609 in Ireland/Uk was the old Julian calandar, while Europe used had changed by that time to current Gregorian calandar. Think there was about 10 days difference in it at that time. AT a later stage UK/Ireland changed their calandar to match rest of Europe. You would need to know if the date quoted in 1609 was old vs new calandar as software today will run off new dates..

There may be a convention on how historians report dates between the time of adoption of calendars in UK and mainland Europe. Someone may be able to answer this ?

Woody

More
14 years 9 months ago #79585 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re:Moon position 400 years ago
woody wrote:

To OP,

Apart form Epoch,

as far as I know the calander used in 1609 in Ireland/Uk was the old Julian calandar, while Europe used had changed by that time to current Gregorian calandar. Think there was about 10 days difference in it at that time. AT a later stage UK/Ireland changed their calandar to match rest of Europe. You would need to know if the date quoted in 1609 was old vs new calandar as software today will run off new dates..

There may be a convention on how historians report dates between the time of adoption of calendars in UK and mainland Europe. Someone may be able to answer this ?

Woody

the gregorian calender was adopted on oct 4th 1582 in catholic countries in which 10 days were dropped from the calender so october only had 21 days, some countries took it up immediately some took months or years to change. england did not adopt the calender for another 170 years.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds