Hello

• DaveGrennan
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
  • IFAS Astronomer of the Year 2010
More
14 years 3 months ago #83298 by DaveGrennan
Replied by DaveGrennan on topic Re:Hello
Welcome Diarmuid.

You will find that people on these boards will be delighted to help where needed so don't be afraid to ask.

Actually the C90EQ is not a bad scope at all. With it you should expect to see quite a lot. On a good night you will see detail on Mars (which is at its best around now), you will ceraintly see detail on Jupiter (low in the southwest after sunset). You will get lovely views of Saturn in a couple of months time.

As far as deep sky objects like galaxies and clusters nebulae etc, that will depend on your location, the darker the better. The nice thing about something like a 90EQ is its easy to toss in the car and go somewhere dark. Join your local club. That way you will end up seeing 100 times more with your scope than you might otherwise.

As nephin says get a better finderscope for the scope, also you might consider upgrading the eyepieces when you get the opportunity.

Most of all have fun.

Dave.

Regards and Clear Skies,

Dave.
J41 - Raheny Observatory.
www.webtreatz.com
Equipment List here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• diarmaidol
  • Topic Author
  • Nebula
  • Nebula
More
14 years 3 months ago #83336 by diarmaidol
Replied by diarmaidol on topic Re:Hello
Thanks, I intend to join up with my local club and if the weather every clears up I'm very lucky to be about 30 min from the dark skys of north clare. I've already caught Mars, Jupiter...

The scope being simple to operate is a bonus. I have a new finder and a 5-6mm eyepiece on my shopping list at the moment ... oh and clear skys I've only been out twice so far ;-/ ...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds