K-Tec

Best online telescope retailers?

• GLIESE 581G
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 1 month ago #92597 by GLIESE 581G
Replied by GLIESE 581G on topic Re: Best online telescope retailers?
telescope servive buys direct from taiwan and china and celestron
which can not be said for a certain shop in ireland the only
people who buy from this county are first time buyers and they
get robbed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #92599 by StephenK
Replied by StephenK on topic Re: Best online telescope retailers?

GLIESE 581G wrote: telescope servive buys direct from taiwan and china and celestron
which can not be said for a certain shop in ireland the only
people who buy from this county are first time buyers and they
get robbed.

I have to disagree with you there. Dont tar all suppliers here with one brush ;) I set my webshop up in order to bring some competition and competitve prices to Ireland. I cannot speak for any other retailer here, but competition is long overdue.

Yes, at the moment we only have Astro-Professional and iOptron products, but we have plenty more on the way soon, including Meade, Kendrick products, and in the longer term William Optics and GSO to name but a few.

We deliver every order over €50 for free, we match prices from Uk and Europe, and more importantly, we are here, so no warranty worries either.

Stephen.

Stephen Kershaw
Ktec Telescopes Ltd
085 - 228 8692
sales@ktectelescopes.ie
www.ktectelescopes.ie
www.facebook.com/ktectelescopes
www.twitter.com/ktectelescopes

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #92635 by Pat_Dunne
Replied by Pat_Dunne on topic Re: Best online telescope retailers?
I was a first time buyer in April last year. So like I always do before I decide to part with my hard earned cash I went out and did my research, checking prices and getting quotes from several dealers in Northern Ireland, UK and Germany for a Celestron CPC9.25. I went to Astronomy Ireland armed with all this information and following an enjoyable haggle with them, I came away with the best deal of all. I for one certainly didn't feel ripped off or robbed.

StephenK, great to see a new start up business, especially in these harsh times. The very best of luck I must add your website www.ktectelescopes.ie/ to my favourites list.

Celestron CPC 9.25
Celestron Ultima LX 8mm, 13mm, 17mm, 22mm, 32mm.
Starlight Microfocuser
A full set of Snickers Thermals
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Pat_Dunne.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StephenK

More
12 years 1 month ago #92639 by dave_lillis
Replied by dave_lillis on topic Re: Best online telescope retailers?
interesting site Stephen, one I'll keep in mind when buying in the future.

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor
The following user(s) said Thank You: StephenK

More
12 years 1 month ago #92643 by ColmB
Replied by ColmB on topic Re: Best online telescope retailers?

Pat_Dunne wrote: I was a first time buyer in April last year. So like I always do before I decide to part with my hard earned cash I went out and did my research, checking prices and getting quotes from several dealers in Northern Ireland, UK and Germany for a Celestron CPC9.25. I went to Astronomy Ireland armed with all this information and following an enjoyable haggle with them, I came away with the best deal of all. I for one certainly didn't feel robbed.

Ditto, got a great deal off teleskop service (8% off online price and free delivery on a nexstar 8se) and Astronomy Ireland not only matched the offer but threw in a power tank on top. Yes, their list prices are high partly due to licensing and not being able to source direct. Yes, some first time buyers who don't research may pay over the odds. But just like any consumer product, it pays to shop around and haggle. You may just get a good deal locally and have a retailer there to support you if there are issues etc.

More
12 years 1 month ago #92667 by decco20
Replied by decco20 on topic Re: Best online telescope retailers?
Great to see a new Irish seller in the marketplace. I just got a laser collimator delivered from telesckop, looking at www.ktectelescopes.ie/ I would have got it about 15 Euro cheaper!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ei5fk, StephenK

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds