K-Tec

September 15 Observing Guide

More
8 years 7 months ago #104737 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic September 15 Observing Guide
Ah yes, I do remember that 2010 one and all that snow! I could not observe it.

Aubrey.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #104738 by Paul Evans
Replied by Paul Evans on topic September 15 Observing Guide
The Mar 2007 lunar eclipse was superb, far and away the best I've ever seen. Jude and I watched it together from start to finish from our garden - I have a set of photos including a webcam mosaic from the totality, though the original files were lost in a hard drive crash shortly afterwards. Feb 2008 was clouded out though we did catch a glimpse, and the Dec 2010 one was actually rather good - I got a set of photos of that as the Moon was setting over the Antrim Hills - nowhere near as good as 2007 though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnflannery, flt158

More
8 years 7 months ago #104750 by johnflannery
Replied by johnflannery on topic September 15 Observing Guide
I managed to catch the 2010 event while slogging through the snow on the way to work that morning! Also, I missed the March 2007 one as it was my Dad's birthday and I was down home by the Shannon for it. Our little village is in a hollow so to speak and there was dense fog that night whereas a few miles away in Nenagh was perfectly clear!

I've commented to people on a number of occasions that for various reasons -- between being out of the country or clouded out -- I haven't seen a total lunar eclipse in its entirety from Ireland since August 1989 :ohmy:

John

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds