Unique celestial Event Tonight

• Calibos
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #93008 by Calibos
Unique celestial Event Tonight was created by Calibos
I reckon this section of the forum is the place for this post because its a pretty unique event on the cards for tonight....Pretty unique for us lot in Ireland that is!! :D

What is it?

Clear albeit possibly hazy with poor transparency but NO JETSTREAM !! Not only are we not under the strongest parts of the Jetstream shaded in grey but there aren't even any windspeed Arrows over Ireland for tonight.

Hence the seeing should be the best in a long long time.

Newtonian and SCT owners, get those scopes out at dusk to let them cool to ambient so you don't waste this opportunity with bad boundary layer scope generated seeing instead. Refractor owners, you can setup at your leisure :D

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Calibos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #93010 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Re: Unique celestial Event Tonight
Hi Calibos. Thank for this wonderful information about tonight. Some of us plan to do some observing. Why not join us at the Martello Tower at Sandymount at 7.30pm for a couple of hours? We will be viewing Moon, Venus, Jupiter, Pleiades and anything else you might fancy.

Aubrey.

• Calibos
  • Topic Author
  • Red Giant
  • Red Giant
More
12 years 1 month ago #93011 by Calibos
Replied by Calibos on topic Re: Unique celestial Event Tonight
I'd love to Aubrey but I am working tonight. I'll get the scope out collimated and starting to cool during my break at 7pm but will be in work till about 10:30.

We'll have the interesting Valles Marineris region facing us too, so some nice contrast features to look at along with the polar cap. Reports of clouds on the limb too.

Can't wait :D

Keith D.

16" Meade Lightbridge Truss Dobsonian with Servocat Tracking/GOTO
Ethos 3.7sx,6,8,10,13,17,21mm
Nagler 31mm

More
12 years 1 month ago #93012 by flt158
Replied by flt158 on topic Re: Unique celestial Event Tonight
Hi Calibos. We must report back tomorrow night as to what we observed. You report on Mars, and I report on what was happening in the western sky. Please divulge us into what magnification you did use on Mars. Last Sunday night, Valerie and I observed clouds on the western limb on Mars. We were thrilled to bits. I will consider looking at him again tonight.

Aubrey.

More
12 years 1 month ago #93013 by Helios
Replied by Helios on topic Re: Unique celestial Event Tonight
sitting out in this amazing evening now with two telescopes ready to go, With a BBQ and and laptop ready with a nice cold beer in one hand and a big dirty burger in the other,

God i love this :D

hope the haze clears, :rock:

More
12 years 1 month ago #93016 by michaeloconnell
Replied by michaeloconnell on topic Re: Unique celestial Event Tonight
Thanks for the chart.
I noticed this morning when imaging the Sun that the seeing was better than average.
Not perfect mind, but the best I have seen this year.

Moderators: Neill
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds