K-Tec

APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER! (2006)

More
17 years 11 months ago #29318 by dmcdona
Anthony - any sign of the AP?

Mum's the word on the Progress ship - we can have a good old chat together on the way up :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 11 months ago #29320 by ctr
:lol:

Each of us is here on earth for a reason, and each of us has a special mission to carry out - Maria Shriver

More
17 years 11 months ago #29321 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!

Anthony - any sign of the AP?

Everything has been ready for the past two weeks with the exception of the 1200RPA rotating pier adapter and which has been out of stock. I sent a message a couple of days ago for a status update and they replied that they had just received the anodized parts and which they would be assembling immediately. It seems I am also one of the first in line for this backorder. I am hoping that the AP1200GTO will be shipped as early as Monday.

Mum's the word on the Progress ship - we can have a good old chat together on the way up :wink:

If my AP1200GTO is not available by launch time, I will just bring the AP160 and you can bring along your AP1200GTO for our proposed work. We can they have a joint-submission and split the time on 20" RCOS after it is awarded. One month for you, one month for me, one month for you, one month for me etc. :wink:

Anthony.

PS. If we can bribe Seanie to miscount the votes in our favour (just as a precautionary measure), I would be willing to donate 15 minutes of scope time each month for his supernova searches. :lol:

PPS2. If we can bribe Michael not to submit an entry next month, I would be willing to donate a further 15 minutes of scope time each month for him as well. :wink:

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 11 months ago #29322 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!

It is with great pleasure that I get to announce that Michael O'Connell from Monasterevin is the Winner of the IFAS Astrophotography Competition for April!

The best way to judge a deep sky image and irrespective of its content (ex. a nebula) is by how well shaped the stars are in the particular image. Just looking at Michael's image and the stars therein, I think one can easily draw his/her conclusions about the quality of the overall image given the perfect stellar circles!

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 10 months ago #29380 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!

Nah, it was originally but IFAS went down four inches in aperture but threw in a finger lakes proline with a fairchild thinned back illuminated CCD...

Right Seanie?

um, yeah!

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 10 months ago #29382 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: APRIL ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION WINNER!
Did I forget to mention that for overseas entrants that are not a member of any IFAS club that there is an entry fee of $80,000??

No?

Sorry! Must have forgotten!

:twisted:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds