K-Tec

September Competition Theme - Star Clusters (2006)

More
17 years 7 months ago #33109 by stepryan

Hi Seanie,

Thanks for the reminder and please do not worry, for there will be submissions (at least one anyway!). I have finalized my processing procedure as well as the exposure details using M29 in Cepheus as an example. Here is a quick peek: www.perseus.gr/Astro-DSO-NGC-6913.htm .

My entry submission will involve one of the most dramatic open clusters visible from the northern hemisphere and which is not in the Messier catalog and, yet, many consider it one of the top 110 NGC objects. :wink:

Clear skies!

Anthony.

seanie,
is there any grounds for disqualifying someone who's entries are too good? ;).
stephen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
17 years 7 months ago #33118 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: September Competition Theme - Star Clusters
I don't think so Stephen!

But Anthony, I think in the rules it states that entrants must b a member of an IFAS club... :?

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
17 years 7 months ago #33120 by dmcdona

But Anthony, I think in the rules it states that entrants must b a member of an IFAS club... :?

:cry:
Unfortunately not... Registered members of the website can enter the competition. Registered members don't have to belong to an IFASclub.

That said, I think Anthony deserves honorary membership of IFAS anyhow for all his many contributions :wink:

Besides he mightn't let us all crash out at his house next year during the annual IFAS holiday. Did anyone tell you about this yet Anthony? I like porridge for breakfast and I don't take sugar in my coffee. Oh, and no wake-up calls before 10:00. Thanks in advance.

Dave

More
17 years 7 months ago #33126 by albertw

He's a member of South Dublin Astronmical Society ;-)

Hey if we can have a 'South Dublin Astronomical Society - North Dublin Branch' we can have a Greek branch too!

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

More
17 years 7 months ago #33129 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: September Competition Theme - Star Clusters

Seanie,

I swear on a stack of bibles on an earlier message where you described the proposed monthly competition and you specifically mentioned in passing that "competition is also open to members of certain Mediterranean countries such as Greece" ... problem is that I now cannot find the message.

Anthony.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

More
17 years 7 months ago #33130 by ayiomamitis
Replied by ayiomamitis on topic Re: September Competition Theme - Star Clusters

AP blamed the error on recent committments to the new Mach 1 mount and taking their eye off the AP1200 ball.

Oh Dave,

You have my word I am also scheduled to receive an AP Mach1GTO .. and in fact these mounts have already started shipping. :wink:

My primary interest in the Mach1 is for offsite work since the AP1200GTO will function in a permanent fashion at home.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds