K-Tec

June Competition Entries - time to judge for a winner (2007)

More
16 years 10 months ago #48141 by ayiomamitis
Seanie,

I still cannot get the first entry .... but this is clearly a wonderful set of photos with one of them really standing out.

Wow ... congrats to ALL of the entrants.

Anthony Ayiomamitis
Athens, Greece
www.perseus.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 10 months ago #48142 by Seanie_Morris
I have had to remove the first entry so, for 2 reasons. I will notify the entrant.

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 10 months ago #48147 by dave_lillis
The third entry is described as an evening crescent moon, yet the cresent of the moon is pointing the wrong way, maybe this is a morning moon ?

Dave L. on facebook , See my images in flickr
Chairman. Shannonside Astronomy Club (Limerick)

Carrying around my 20" obsession is going to kill me,
but what a way to go. :)
+ 12"LX200, MK67, Meade2045, 4"refractor

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 10 months ago #48162 by Seanie_Morris

The third entry is described as an evening crescent moon, yet the cresent of the moon is pointing the wrong way, maybe this is a morning moon ?

Maybe it is - I don't necessarily check the validity of the descriptions people send with their entries. ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

More
16 years 10 months ago #48173 by johnflannery
Fantastic entries everyone!

Seeing as I voted for my own picture to make sure I got off the "Null Points" mark and I don't look like winning I may as well admit that the first shot is mine :D It was taken a couple of hours before the start of the total lunar eclipse on the night of March 3rd.

What is all the more remarkable I think is that it was taken with a Sony Ericsson K800i camera phone to show the capabilities of these devices in rendering nice shots under low-light conditions. The focus and pixelisation are a problem however but it is a great phone!

I dived in to the world of digital SLR over the weekend and have a new Canon 350D on the way so hope to get on the learning curve real soon 8-)

Best of luck to all the other entries!

John (Flannery)
SDAS

More
16 years 10 months ago #48177 by albertw

Maybe it is - I don't necessarily check the validity of the descriptions people send with their entries. ;)

Sure you don't check what you request each month either! "closed clusters" and "galaxies set against a landscape" come to mind :lol:

I dived in to the world of digital SLR over the weekend and have a new Canon 350D on the way so hope to get on the learning curve real soon

And its coming back to solar maximum... I see where this is going 8-)

Albert White MSc FRAS
Chairperson, International Dark Sky Association - Irish Section
www.darksky.ie/

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds