K-Tec

July Competition Theme - Back to Galaxies! (2007)

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 10 months ago #48159 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: July Competition Theme - Back to Galaxies!

PLEASE make all images no larger than 800 X 800 pixels in size. Those that are larger will be requested to be made smaller, or failure to reply will result in omission from the competition.

Given that Seanie wants a landscape too please try to make your galaxy take up more than 1 pixel in the image :lol:

Sorry guys, I over read the last segment of that sentence! Your galactic shot DOES NOT need to be set against a landscape!

:oops:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.
Former IFAS Chairperson and Secretary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 10 months ago #48160 by Seanie_Morris
Replied by Seanie_Morris on topic Re: July Competition Theme - Back to Galaxies!

farm2.static.flickr.com/1402/688044892_5ece420d7e.jpg?v=0

Sorry Seanie! I couldn't resist!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Midlands Astronomy Club.
Radio Presenter (Midlands 103), Space Enthusiast, Astronomy Outreach Co-ordinator.

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 10 months ago #48161 by Seanie_Morris

You'd be doing well to get galaxy images in July, people are going to have to dig into their archives for this one.

The idea being, I hope, to see some otherwise southern constellation galaxies! It is just an idea, but as I have seen more galactic shots taken since the last Galaxy competition last May 2006, I thought why not!

Midlands Astronomy Club.

More
16 years 10 months ago #48218 by stepryan
Replied by stepryan on topic Re: July Competition Theme - Back to Galaxies!

PLEASE make all images no larger than 800 X 800 pixels in size. Those that are larger will be requested to be made smaller, or failure to reply will result in omission from the competition.

Given that Seanie wants a landscape too please try to make your galaxy take up more than 1 pixel in the image :lol:

Sorry guys, I over read the last segment of that sentence! Your galactic shot DOES NOT need to be set against a landscape!

:oops:

it would want to be a bloody big landscape ;).

More
16 years 9 months ago #48324 by phoenix
Hey guys stop picking on Seanie. A galaxy with a landscape is dead easy. Just photograph the Milky Way on the horizon. (Or any other chocolate bar as Frank has done)

Kieran
16" ODK (incoming), Mesu Mount 200, APM TMB 80mm, SXV H16, SXV H9
J16 An Carraig Observatory
ancarraigobservatory.co.uk/

• Seanie_Morris
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
16 years 9 months ago #48346 by Seanie_Morris

Hey guys stop picking on Seanie. A galaxy with a landscape is dead easy. Just photograph the Milky Way on the horizon. (Or any other chocolate bar as Frank has done)

hhmmm... an idea appears to be creeping into Seanie's weak little brain... ;)

Midlands Astronomy Club.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds